What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Elroy231

Coolant leaks, blown shock, front tires are starting to scallop, need to re adjust drag link, windshield washer fluid froze and dumped out everywhere... And of course my new house is still being built so I don't have a garage... DAMN IT!!!! just wanna take care of these things that clearly need some TLC....
And I guess take a Hawaii jeep and move it to North Dakota and things are bound to not like the cold haha View attachment 355086

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
No shortage of things to do!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm familiar with that view. [emoji58]

Finally tracked it down. Outside window seal on the driver door water somehow running down the internals and into the plastic trim where it leaked between the door and trim directly onto carpet, instead of dropping down to the drain holes built into the door. Door was missing the vapor barrier. So now it has a “slightly better” rigged up window seal and I used plastic sheeting and silicone to seal off the areas water was dripping through. Then glued a full sheet to the door over that as a full vapor barrier. Still getting new doors... learned the hard way to walk away from a bad few. I knew these doors were junk when I got them but they were the right color and nearby when I needed them. Live and learn. Hope you find your leak too, no one likes squishy feet.
IMG_9676.jpg
IMG_9671.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Threepointsix

Finally tracked it down. Outside window seal on the driver door water somehow running down the internals and into the plastic trim where it leaked between the door and trim directly onto carpet, instead of dropping down to the drain holes built into the door. Door was missing the vapor barrier. So now it has a “slightly better” rigged up window seal and I used plastic sheeting and silicone to seal off the areas water was dripping through. Then glued a full sheet to the door over that as a full vapor barrier. Still getting new doors... learned the hard way to walk away from a bad few. I knew these doors were junk when I got them but they were the right color and nearby when I needed them. Live and learn. Hope you find your leak too, no one likes squishy feet.
View attachment 355088
View attachment 355089

I had this issue with my TJ’s passenger door. I knew it was coming from the door but I just wasnt sure how. So I went and replaced the seal. Don’t ever buy the crap from Extreme Terrain, btw. I went through two brands. Both relatively crappy, but the second one worked better than the BS XT brand. I hit the seal (between the door and the seal) with a spritz of Fluid Film, for good measure. Now, the leak is no longer. No matter how hard it rains or for how long, the floor stays bone dry.

Needless to say, like you, I was very relieved. To me, there’s nothing worse than a leaky Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Elroy231

View attachment 355088
View attachment 355089

Pretty sure mine is same type of leak. I finally found it so I can attempt to eliminate it. Sound like you and Threepointsix have a solid solution. Well played fellas.

Suspect

Passenger side door handle stopped working from the outside today. Works fine from inside the jeep and the automatic locks still works, the push button from the outside just presses down all the way and does nothing :badday"

Jkratt

Well, went out locally just to make sure everything was working, and boom. The rear ARB locker blowing air out the vent tube and no locker engagement. WTF. Going to the shop on Monday. :tantrum::tantrum:

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
Replaced my oil cooler September of last year due to a coolant leak. Went outside yesterday morning and discovered a puddle of oil under the Jeep. Now it looks like the oil cooler I put in just over a year ago is leaking.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
Well I reached out to the seller on Amazon and asked if they had a warranty on the oil cooler and they promptly responded saying they would gladly replace it for me. Part came in the mail today. :thumb:

There’s a squeak in the steering wheel/ column all the sudden. I can’t find it. What’s a good like sprayable grease option that won’t just wash away I can douse this thing in? Id use Pb or wd40 but it’ll just drain off.

WJCO

Meme King
There’s a squeak in the steering wheel/ column all the sudden. I can’t find it. What’s a good like sprayable grease option that won’t just wash away I can douse this thing in? Id use Pb or wd40 but it’ll just drain off.

White Lithium Grease. Get it while you can still find it called 'white.'

Top Bottom