What problems does your Jeep have this week?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
It’s easy. You don’t need to drain the whole system. Clamp off the lines and get a large funnel under it to catch what comes out. It’s less than an hour job.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

^^^ This!

It worked! the hardest part was squeezing my hand in there to open up the plug to drain coolant...then having to reach back in there to close it up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Glad it worked out for you!

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_6072.jpg
I have been searching for a driveline vibration for a couple days. After checking all ujoints driveshaft weights ,damage,etc. I was fixing to start pulling driveshafts to see if would go away when the unit bearing idea popped in my head. Sure enough the passenger side was about to shit the bed. Also found lower control arm jam nut was loose. One of the 2 fixed the vibes.

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

JPast

Not entirely sure, was leaving my house for work and everything was normal in my neighborhood, when I got to the stop to pull onto the main road I lost basically all power, check engine light started flashing, ride was extremely rough and the manual shifter was shaking a lot. Stopped and turned it off, was fine after starting again, but threw a p0300 multiple cylinder misfire and another code about high voltage, seems weird that would happen after about 2 minutes of driving. Checked the engine bay and underneath when I got to work quickly, didn’t see anything obvious. Guess I’ll be taking it into a shop tomorrow morning

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Sounds like water is inside of my JT’s hardtop. We have been getting a lot of rain thanks to the left overs from a few topical storms. Dropped it off at the dealership today.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Not entirely sure, was leaving my house for work and everything was normal in my neighborhood, when I got to the stop to pull onto the main road I lost basically all power, check engine light started flashing, ride was extremely rough and the manual shifter was shaking a lot. Stopped and turned it off, was fine after starting again, but threw a p0300 multiple cylinder misfire and another code about high voltage, seems weird that would happen after about 2 minutes of driving. Checked the engine bay and underneath when I got to work quickly, didn’t see anything obvious. Guess I’ll be taking it into a shop tomorrow morning

Were you listening to AC/DC by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Flashing cel is always misfire. Considering when it happened and then it went away you likely have a hairline crack in coil letting moisture in and once heats up it evaporates should be able to test it with a hose see if it does it again wet.

JPast

Flashing cel is always misfire. Considering when it happened and then it went away you likely have a hairline crack in coil letting moisture in and once heats up it evaporates should be able to test it with a hose see if it does it again wet.

Thanks I’ll try that when I get home tonight

JPast

Tried this last night and couldn’t replicate it, took it to a shop and they went over everything but couldn’t find any issues. Basically told me they think I got some moisture in my last tank of gas but to bring it back if it happens again.

Tried this last night and couldn’t replicate it, took it to a shop and they went over everything but couldn’t find any issues. Basically told me they think I got some moisture in my last tank of gas but to bring it back if it happens again.

Was the engine cold when you tried? Like leave it overnight spray it with a hose and start it up. I don’t buy water in gas as a misfire that goes away. If you had that bad of gas it would be sputtering and pissing off the knock sensors and limping. Keep an eye on it especially when temp drops and see what happens.

JPast

Was the engine cold when you tried? Like leave it overnight spray it with a hose and start it up. I don’t buy water in gas as a misfire that goes away. If you had that bad of gas it would be sputtering and pissing off the knock sensors and limping. Keep an eye on it especially when temp drops and see what happens.

It was relatively cold, got home from work and it sat for about 2 and a half hours before I tried. I’ll try again in a little while here and see if anything’s different after sitting over night. And yeah I really don’t think it’s from water in the gas either it wouldn’t have been a one off thing like it was. Shop I took it to is pretty good though and I explained everything to them and they couldn’t find anything. Guess I’ll just have to keep a close eye on it and see if it happens again.

BIG DAWG

I get a check engine light randomly. The code says #6 cylinder misfire. It clears after a day or so. The jeep never runs rough. Idles good and never loses power. I've had it into the Dealership 5 times in the last 20k miles for the same code. They keeps telling me they can't find anything wrong. I think its the coil pack.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I get a check engine light randomly. The code says #6 cylinder misfire. It clears after a day or so. The jeep never runs rough. Idles good and never loses power. I've had it into the Dealership 5 times in the last 20k miles for the same code. They keeps telling me they can't find anything wrong. I think its the coil pack.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Normally is. They can be very intermittent. Can also swap the injector for cyl 6 with another one to eliminate that as an option.

jdofmemi

There have been a few people recently with random misfires like that that were fixed by replacing the crank position sensor.

Like yours, it would not show on a scan, but changing it caused the problem to go away.

Not sure if that's your problem, but a new one is about $20 so it may be worth a try.

Top Bottom