What problems does your Jeep have this week?

BobNH

If ours have small cracks like that, I'll likely use the thermoseal as well.
Yes, my post repair (d'oh!) research showed some very positive information. Autozone was the first one I came to, I got whatbtjey had. Advance has ThermoSteel. And Amazon has the JB Welb Extreme heat. This was my other fail. My initial search was for "high heat" which turns out is 600f, and I knew that wouldnt cut it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Passenger side tie rod bolt fell off about three minutes after we exited the highway as I was pulling into garage. Something felt weird when I turned the wheel. Got out to investigate and realized how much fun that would have been on the highway. Girlfriend walked back about a hundred yards down the street and picked it up. I blame myself for not checking it but you think it would be properly torqued from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
My front lower control arm is loose and the jeep dive bombs to the right when I apply the brakes! As anyone experienced this before

I had the exact opposite. My rear driver side lower was lose and the rear bombed to the left when I took my foot off the accelerator. I had a new bolt put in this morning and tightened it up and it was immediately fixed. I would check torque on all of the ones around your problem area.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ranger4011

Ok this week so far one of the bolts on my clutch pivot arm bracket sheard off causing the other to come lose and I lost control of the mechanic linkage for the clutch had to avoid traffic lights like the plague and keep her rolling tell I got home, power shifting all the way

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Found out my cv joint is busted on my front shaft. Tried to pull off the driveshaft and rounded one of the bolts at the U joint and can't get it to budge. Tried pb blaster, extractor sets, vice grips. Gonna have to play with it some more this weekend. So far no noise so I'm guessing driving with it is okay for a while. Maybe I can just take out the bolts on the tcase side and pop it out there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Tuesday was a beautiful day here, had the top & doors off and decided to take the jeep to work.
Got about 30 miles from the house to an area where I had no cell reception and my pinion bearing critically failed as i was doing 60mph. Removed my rear drive shaft and limped home in 4wd. Drained the diff fluid to loads of debris (shavings, bearing chunks) ring & pinion are toast, arb locker is toast.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app
Figured I would look into a possible warranty, as this was all installed about 14 months ago. Went through all my receipts for this particular upgrade and found that all ring, pinion and bearing warranties ended at the 1 year mark. Fuck me running backwards. (Need an emoji for that)

Last edited:

madstiles

I managed to not get all of the air bled out of the brake system after replacing the master cylinder and booster. So front brakes got very sticky . After getting them freed up I was able to drive home while basically using no brakes about 10 miles in traffic.. Glad I have a manual transmission sometimes lol Had my daughter help me rebleed them and seems good to go now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sheep_Dog

On Father's Day, on my way to my daughters recital my transmission shift cable broke. I towed it home home and managed to catch the 2nd half of the show. As soon as I got home I turned on my automatic digital diagnosis device (YouTube) and found an awesome video. Dealer had the piece for $170 and I got it online for $70. Thanks to YouTube I installed it and it came out great.

FallonJeeper

Installed a dual band radio in a Tuffy overhead console. Ran the antenna cable down the drivers side A pillar and out to the engine bay through the firewall. Went to program it, keyed the mic and the ETC light started blinking, RPMs went to 2,000, and the skinny pedal went dead. Happily the ETC resets with an engine shutdown/restart, but I don't think I'll be talking on the radio until I can figure out what the hell's going on...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Similar issue with my Kenwood TK-7360HK race radio. I have to remember to turn my stereo off before I key the Mic or else the stereo freaks out.
I have to remove the stereo face plate or disconnect the battery to make it stop.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeepzero

The surface rust on passenger floorboard I thought I could clean up and paint just lost a chunk of it. So a full replacement now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom