What shocks to get

Ddays

Hooked
OK, So basically you want it set to 0 unless you are on the highway. Someone told me that you want to set it to be firm on the washboard and whoops and soft for slow rock crawling, that didn't sound right to me.

I’ve never had adjustables, but I just swapped out a set of super soft (blown maybe) OMEs for a set of King 2.0 EVO specs that are pretty firm. I found the OMEs to pogo stick in the rocks causing the Jeep to slam off the bumpstop. The firm Kings keep more of the weight of the Jeep on the tires for better traction instead of getting soaked up with the spring compressing and the tire stuffing. That’s my finding, opposite than others are stating. I think firmer in the rocks works better.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Or get non-adjustables & not sweat it :D

wjtstudios

Hooked
OK, So basically you want it set to 0 unless you are on the highway. Someone told me that you want to set it to be firm on the washboard and whoops and soft for slow rock crawling, that didn't sound right to me.

I’m in Michigan, most of our trails in the Midwest are slow do I run at 0. Most of my daily drives with the rig are on heavily pot holes and wash board dirt roads and I run those at the 6-9 combo at 40-50 mph all day and runs smooth, straight and true. Tire pressure set at 28 psi. I’m also running the EvO LA kit which made a huge difference on those dirt roads. Some of my clients thought it was all bull shit, I had one of them chase me in his pickup and he ended up sideways and nose down in a ditch. That ended that conversation real quick.

I have adjustable King 2.5’s. I have adjusted them exactly zero times. lol

If I were to do it again Id get non adjustable to save some cash.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve never had adjustables, but I just swapped out a set of super soft (blown maybe) OMEs for a set of King 2.0 EVO specs that are pretty firm. I found the OMEs to pogo stick in the rocks causing the Jeep to slam off the bumpstop. The firm Kings keep more of the weight of the Jeep on the tires for better traction instead of getting soaked up with the spring compressing and the tire stuffing. That’s my finding, opposite than others are stating. I think firmer in the rocks works better.

Don’t get me wrong, even at 0, there is still resistance given on the rocks giving it smooth transitions. It just soaks of the bumps at slower speeds than the firmer settings so you aren’t jarred as much while moving.

Tanktitan

I am running OME PB 51’s which are bypass and adjustable on both compression and rebound. I like them a lot and have found the adjustability quite functional at times, but complicated. These shocks don’t seem to get much press here or elsewhere. I am throwing them in for discussion as the OP seems to run in similar terrain as where they were designed, Australia.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I am running OME PB 51’s which are bypass and adjustable on both compression and rebound. I like them a lot and have found the adjustability quite functional at times, but complicated. These shocks don’t seem to get much press here or elsewhere. I am throwing them in for discussion as the OP seems to run in similar terrain as where they were designed, Australia.

That’s because they are expensive and have a reputation for leaking. Hopefully they fixed that issue now

Top Bottom