What was done to your rig this week?

J&k_Overland

Not sure casual is the right word. There was a lot of swearing and hitting shit. Few more lil odds and ends to button up and it’s done. Then on to the WJ to get it ready for Moab/CO in August

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Not my Jeep, but added some rear jacks to my trailer so the ass end of the truck doesn’t travel out every time I load/unload the Jeep
IMG_4036.jpg IMG_4035.jpg

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
That’s a nice mod, looks like they deploy pretty quick.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

They do! Bolt on, spring pin swivel. I set them up so they put pressure on the rear stake pockets and stay quiet/tight. Even put paint marks to know exactly where to retract them to

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Bustedback

I swapped out my hard top for my old soft top from my first Wrangler. It’s a little tattered and is showing its age, but it doesn’t leak at all. I ordered a new twill cover for it as a birthday present to myself. IMG_1157.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
JK's getting long overdue maintenance done:

Replaced the catalytic converter assembly and oxygen sensors.

Upper and lower oil gaskets, no more leaks :thumb:

Been getting random gas cap evap leak code for some time now but found the module detector that mounts next to the evap canister was at fault, a $35 part

Next to do, control arm bushings; 180K miles and they are showing it.

Also need to look at replacing the nylon fuel line to the rail, this may need to go to a mechanic but the Dorman repair is holding up for now, no leak, no smell.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Adjustments.jpg
Pretty sure the guys at the local tire shop hate my Jeep. They give a free rotation and balance with tire purchase. Get a 5 tire done every 4-5k miles [emoji41]

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

jeeeep

Hooked
Modified RuggedRidge tire carrier 3rd brake light

didn't want to deal with removing the 3rd brake light if i needed to remove the spare so I modified a JK 3rd brake light mount to fit on the JL RR carrier

The original setup:
3rd_brakeLightOrig.jpg

modified 3rd brake light:
3rd_brakeLightmod.jpg

Used the rubber bump stop removed as a bump stop on the 3rd brake light to keep it from shaking:
3rd_brakeLightSide.jpg

Last edited:

14ACES

Well I finally started on installing my PSC Hydro Assist. First part went with out any hiccups. Now all I need to do is cut off my stock trackbar bracket and weld on the Artec Trackbar bracket and front Apex truss. Really happy with how the truss fits up on the axle. After that I can weld on the tabs for my hydro assist cylinder and route the line. IMG_0582.jpg IMG_0581.jpg IMG_0583.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
Well I finally started on installing my PSC Hydro Assist. First part went with out any hiccups. Now all I need to do is cut off my stock trackbar bracket and weld on the Artec Trackbar bracket and front Apex truss. Really happy with how the truss fits up on the axle. After that I can weld on the tabs for my hydro assist cylinder and route the line. View attachment 348015 View attachment 348016 View attachment 348017

That’s a clean engine!!!

red84cj7

After over a year without a third brake light, I finally got legal today. Had to make some modifications to the mount. Cut off the CB antenna mount and then had to clearance for the link between the swing out tire carrier and the tailgate. Light is on the second lowest setting because the lowest setting wasn't possible, and the wiring barely reaches. Any higher and I would need an extension. These are 35s, so plenty of room to go bigger. 20200530_121212.jpg 20200530_143104.jpg 20200530_094157.jpg 20200530_102426.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

14ACES

Just finished welding on my rear truss. Super impressed by how well the Artec truss fit and lines up to the axle housing. IMG_0598.JPG IMG_0599.jpg

Top Bottom