What was done to your rig this week?

GP NOIR

Hooked
Weather warmed up enough to continue work on Gypsy.

Replaced the plastic oil filter housing with the Dorman aluminum housing. Not impressed with the quality of the casting.

Started threading the replacement wire harness into place.

We're leaving for Sand Hollow Wednesday after work for the Off-Road Games. Not sure if the Wrangler will be ready. In either case, we'll be taking Swambo's Grand Cherokee. Just gotta keep here away from Cat Killing Rocks.

jamesrw30

Put on my Mopar fuel bucket. Got one for Christmas but turned out to be for JL. Amazon refunded the amount so I could order one for my JK and let me keep the other one. The JL one looks way better unfortunately but I do like the look better than the open stock one. Guess I'll be trying to sell the other one.

Nothing fun but I did have a passenger sun visor break (the one that rarely even gets used). Come to find out, because of the LED inside, it comes with a wiring harness and requires more tear down to repair than I'm willing to do for something so simple. I found a company online that makes a clip for JLs and JTs that holds it up permanently and it looks factory enough that I'm just going to go with that option.

View attachment 380606

View attachment 380607

View attachment 380608
Is there an updated solution to this problem? On our most recent trip to Arizona, the sun was really bad so my wife and I decided to rotate our visors to block the sun from the side windows.

Both visors immediately fell off and were dangling from a wire on the dash while we were at speed on the highway!. We managed to jam them back into their holes so that they mostly stay in place while driving on the highway.

Is there updated advice as to the best way to solve this issue in 2024? My Jeep is at the dealership now and I expect to be given a price to fix the visors. If Jeep has changed the design so that replacement visors do not just break again, it may be worth it to pay rather than using a hack or spending days trying to play doctor on the broken ones.

kevman65

Hooked
Is there an updated solution to this problem? On our most recent trip to Arizona, the sun was really bad so my wife and I decided to rotate our visors to block the sun from the side windows.

Both visors immediately fell off and were dangling from a wire on the dash while we were at speed on the highway!. We managed to jam them back into their holes so that they mostly stay in place while driving on the highway.

Is there updated advice as to the best way to solve this issue in 2024? My Jeep is at the dealership now and I expect to be given a price to fix the visors. If Jeep has changed the design so that replacement visors do not just break again, it may be worth it to pay rather than using a hack or spending days trying to play doctor on the broken ones.
Here's a couple of options

There's a TON of them on Amazon, just read the descriptions, some are plastic, some are metal. Some are one hole mounting, some are 2 hole mounting.

jeeeep

Hooked

The dealership replaces it with the same failed design, I just installed these on the Gladiator:

61M+iYRqziL._AC_SX679_.jpg

The dealership replaces it with the same failed design, I just installed these on the Gladiator:

61M+iYRqziL._AC_SX679_.jpg
Having to do a "repair" like this is pretty pitiful.

So this week I can report that I am paying $618 to replace the two visors. I am told that Jeep changed the manufacturer of the part so maybe it is better. One year warranty.

I think that I will buy some of these reinforcement brackets just in case.

WJCO

Meme King
Having to do a "repair" like this is pretty pitiful.

So this week I can report that I am paying $618 to replace the two visors. I am told that Jeep changed the manufacturer of the part so maybe it is better. One year warranty.

I think that I will buy some of these reinforcement brackets just in case.
The aftermarket part isn't even noticeable. You're going to pay 600 bucks for new visors instead? Not to mention the wiring harness is part of the visor and requires a lot of trim removal.

The aftermarket part isn't even noticeable. You're going to pay 600 bucks for new visors instead? Not to mention the wiring harness is part of the visor and requires a lot of trim removal.
I am told the work is already done. Hopefully nothing is screwed up.

jeeeep

Hooked
Left the passenger side window down on the JT.
Last time I drove it was 2 nights ago and it's been raining most of today... it got an interior wash on the inside courtesy of mother nature (y) 🤪

Left the passenger side window down on the JT.
Last time I drove it was 2 nights ago and it's been raining most of today... it got an interior wash on the inside courtesy of mother nature (y) 🤪
The window? That's nothing. Try the whole top and doors and it starts pouring... The Jeep REEKED for a week. Had to rip out the seats and carpet for a deep steam cleaning, smelled like shit. :ROFLMAO:

dchew

Caught the Bug
Finally got the old frame-side lower CA bolts off. Had to cut them in two places from the inside through jj pivot balls. They were essentially rust welded to the pivot ball. Somebody hasn't been keeping up with maintenance.

After all that decided to replace the front lower long arms; I do like the large jam nuts a lot better than the old clamp design. Thanks to EVO for a quick shipment, and to @Disciple Off Road for the replacement skid.

evolaskid.jpg

Due to an issue that I still haven’t figured out yet, I decided to remove my passenger Carbon Offroad one-piece axle shaft and reinstall the OEM two-piece axle shaft and the FAD. Talked with Jeremy about the new Revolution chromoly outer shaft and I think I’ll go that route so I can keep the FAD and hopefully stop the destruction of any more axle seals.

IMG_5855.jpeg
1711510435863.jpeg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Due to an issue that I still haven’t figured out yet, I decided to remove my passenger Carbon Offroad one-piece axle shaft and reinstall the OEM two-piece axle shaft and the FAD. Talked with Jeremy about the new Revolution chromoly outer shaft and I think I’ll go that route so I can keep the FAD and hopefully stop the destruction of any more axle seals.

View attachment 404518
View attachment 404520
What was happening?

What was happening?
I’ve got a noise that’s been getting worse. Can’t tell if it’s a pinion bearing or my transfer case. I’ve taken it to a few places but they can’t identify where it’s coming from yet. When I remove the front drive shaft the noise is gone. It’s a new drive shaft and it’s been checked and it tests fine, so I’m thinking pinion bearing or tcase.

jeeeep

Hooked
I’ve got a noise that’s been getting worse. Can’t tell if it’s a pinion bearing or my transfer case. I’ve taken it to a few places but they can’t identify where it’s coming from yet. When I remove the front drive shaft the noise is gone. It’s a new drive shaft and it’s been checked and it tests fine, so I’m thinking pinion bearing or tcase.
you have the FAD deleted with something like the Tazer?

Top Bottom