What was done to your rig this week?

Hack12

I recently broke down and converted all my lighting from halogen to LED. I'll just say this, if you're into upgraded lighting and have only experienced halogens, you don't know what you're missing. Aside from the fact that I own flashlights capable of producing higher light output than the factory JK headlights, I was simply sick of seeing everything in the yellow tint that halogens produce.

I ended up installing the highly recommended Truck-Lite (Gen. 2) headlights in place of the factory halogen headlights. I also installed 2 - 20" LED Light Bars that I found on Ebay for a little over $100.00 each in place of 4 - KC Apollo Pro off-road lights. Finally, not wanting to show preferential treatment to the front of my rig, I installed Recon smoked LED tail lights in place of my factory tail lights.

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with the results! It is night and day, literally. :2thumbsup:

Truck-Lites, Dually's, & LED Bars:
photo 5.JPG
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391096808.691295.jpg

Recon LED Tail Lights:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393641639.263494.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393641608.679179.jpg

Light Output:
photo 3.jpg

loscann48

⇧ now you just need to up grade the fogs the the truck-lites, or something the the rigid duallys, they make the adapter the allows you to fit a square peg into a round hole!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

munstie

I recently broke down and converted all my lighting from halogen to LED. I'll just say this, if you're into upgraded lighting and have only experienced halogens, you don't know what you're missing. Aside from the fact that I own flashlights capable of producing higher light output than the factory JK headlights, I was simply sick of seeing everything in the yellow tint that halogens produce.

I ended up installing the highly recommended Truck-Lite (Gen. 2) headlights in place of the factory halogen headlights. I also installed 2 - 20" LED Light Bars that I found on Ebay for a little over $100.00 each in place of 4 - KC Apollo Pro off-road lights. Finally, not wanting to show preferential treatment to the front of my rig, I installed Recon smoked LED tail lights in place of my factory tail lights.

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with the results! It is night and day, literally. :2thumbsup:

View attachment 72437
View attachment 72438

Recon LED Tail Lights:
View attachment 72439
View attachment 72440

Light Output:
View attachment 72441

Man ya just gotta love the looks of a silver rig. Looks good:thumbup:

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Hack12

⇧ now you just need to up grade the fogs the the truck-lites, or something the the rigid duallys, they make the adapter the allows you to fit a square peg into a round hole!

Yeah, the fog lights are the final halogen frontier. I haven't done it yet because I kinda love the look of the yellow halogen bulbs against all the bright white LED lighting. My OCD will eventually get the best of me and force me to install LED's down there to complete the package!

Man ya just gotta love the looks of a silver rig. Looks good:thumbup:

Thanks a lot! :thumb:

No arguments here. 

Gotta love silver!

loscann48

Haha, yeah we do! :cheesy:

Silver rigs do rock, I love the silver. I had a tough choice to make, get the color I wanted or get a manual transmission... And yup I drive a BFR (bright frigging red) jeep....but its got a 6 speed manual! No regrets there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Geaux-jeep

Hank got new shoes!
17" quadratec Moab wheels
35" Nitto Trail Grapplers 1394297566095.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Armydog

View attachment 72437
View attachment 72438

Recon LED Tail Lights:
View attachment 72439
View attachment 72440

Light Output:
View attachment 72441

Very freekin nice!!!! Working on all LED myself, but only got $4.00 in the "project jar". In time... Nice look brother

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Hack12

Very freekin nice!!!! Working on all LED myself, but only got $4.00 in the "project jar". In time... Nice look brother

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Thanks!! These things certainly take time to perfect! I've been wanted to convert to LED for over a year now and finally had the spare cash available to do it. Modding these things is kinda like the never ending story!

JAGS

Hooked
Finally home long enough and got my son excited to help install my truck lites.

Super easy install using Wayolife's write up.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394317010.947403.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394317044.113116.jpg

And they work!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394317068.595574.jpg

Again big thanks to Wayalife and truck-lites. Great product with easy install. A perfect combo! Thank you!

- Jason

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Installed my winch
Winch Installed 1.jpg
Then came inside out of the cold and soldered my new hex pods wiring. So far the passenger side is mounted and operational but the drivers side isn't mounted but is operational. My drill ran out of battery life before I could finish drilling the hole for the light. That'll be finished tomorrow :)
Soldering 1.jpg
Soldering 2.jpg
Soldering 3.jpg

Top Bottom