What was done to your rig this week?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I’m thinking about going with this kit until the jeep is paid off. Any tricks or anything you would have done differenty?

Not any that aren’t well known. If you haven’t done a lift before, there are a lot of write ups, here and at Project JK.

To get new springs on the front, you may have to jack the side of the Jeep up and set your jack stands pretty high. I jack up the axle, on the opposite side from where I’m working, to get enough droop to get the coil in. We didn’t use them, but I glanced at the Rancho instructions, and they are pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Not any that aren’t well known. If you haven’t done a lift before, there are a lot of write ups, here and at Project JK.

To get new springs on the front, you may have to jack the side of the Jeep up and set your jack stands pretty high. I jack up the axle, on the opposite side from where I’m working, to get enough droop to get the coil in. We didn’t use them, but I glanced at the Rancho instructions, and they are pretty good.

Awesome thanks! 👍

Wisco..ZJ

Got my head unit mounted, vacuumed, buffed, waxed, shined up the int, also got my tool bag re-organized[emoji23] IMG_2417.jpg
next up, i need to replace that headlight thats out[emoji36]

97 ZJ-
Wisco..ZJ

pop2tu

What’s your impression of that carrier? I know it’s sure at a good price point.

The welds look good, not sloppy. Powder coat looks to be pretty durable, I was able to pick up a returned item(saved even more coin) it had some blemishes on powder coat( either from shipment or person who bought it and returned it. However only texture is missing, powder coat is still intact. Installation was pretty straight forward, most difficult part was grinding out the hinge pins on stock tailgate hinges. I also had to use a big crescent wrench to open up the ears a little on the latching side. But overall I’m happy with it. I feel it will last me a long time and with stand anything I will put it through! I hope this helps.

kawimoto

Been wanting that corner armor for awhile - I have the same carrier.
Did you have to cut the metal on the armor where it fits around the body hinges for the carrier?

No armor went on smoothly without any modification to either one. Carrier stayed on for the install too. Little more of a challenge drilling a few of the holes but it can be done

Jackal01

Got an amp/sub unit (Boss brand). I didn't have a factory one. Easy install into my pioneer receiver. Sounds fantastic for a little over $100 with wiring harness. Being carpetless I put a 3/8" rubber mat under it to prevent rattling.

20171101_164654%7E2.jpg 20171101_164838%7E2.jpg

Also had a viper 5706v with remote start installed last week. I keep getting false warnings and triggers so some adjusting is needed but it's nice regardless.

20171026_114417%7E2.jpg

Top Bottom