What was done to your rig this week?

SDG

Caught the Bug
Time to clean up the sliders. Been a year or 2, and they were starting to get rusty.

Took the angle grinder with a wire wheel to them to knock off the rust etc. 20180120_170318.jpg

Then hand sanded down the pain so there would be a smooth transition... and coated with rust inhibitor. Has to sit for 24h, then give another light sanding.

20180121_192750.jpg

Plan on using rustolium, but bought a quart so I can roll it on. Last time I got A ton of overspray even after covering half the jeep in news paper. We will see how this technique works out.

JAGS

Hooked
Time to clean up the sliders. Been a year or 2, and they were starting to get rusty.

Took the angle grinder with a wire wheel to them to knock off the rust etc. View attachment 290501

Looks like fun. [emoji15] Mine look like shit too. They are scratched, rusted and dented. May tackle my corners and rockskins in the next few weeks while I'm at it.

Overspray sucks. I tape off like crazy. Use a cardboard shield and pull into the garage a bit to deflect any wind.

I'll be using VHT roll bar and chassis paint.

BobNH

Installed a brand new Tom Woods rear driveshaft.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app
Hope you went with the Spicer joints. If you did go with gold seals, keep an eye on them. It appears their quality has gone down over the years. YMMV, and I hope it does. It was my only disappointment with my TW for my TJ.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Had to remove evo protek skids in prep for the dealer on Tuesday. Clutch getting replaced AGAIN under warranty. This time they doing slave cylinder as well. Not sure why they didn’t do it the first time but hey... as long as I’m not paying for it I’m fine with it for now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wisco..ZJ

IMG_2641.jpg
In the past week,
-Removed front bumper cover/ painted the bumper black,
-Trimmed rear bumper
-Made some limb-risers
-Also got my roof rack put on[emoji48]
-i also got a new amp bumped it up to 1000w
IMG_2661.jpg

97 ZJ-
Wisco..ZJ