What was done to your rig this week?

Jellymon

Had to replace my radiator in 28 degree weather. Threading the bolts back through the condenser, plastic shroud, and radiator with the holes not quite lining up and not being able to feel my fingers was a fun experience.:grayno:

Replaced my water pump gasket at the same time and of course the first bolt head busted off on me with very little pressure. :mad:

But in all not too bad, two less leaks. Only thing left is my oil pan gasket, which I’ll do my next oil change.

jesse3638

Hooked
Got these assembled and ready for install hopefully this weekend. Doing ball joints and gussets. Barring no hang ups I should have it finished. I'm crossing my fingers I'm not going to have to replace front axle seals after.

IMAG2934.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Got these assembled and ready for install hopefully this weekend. Doing ball joints and gussets. Barring no hang ups I should have it finished. I'm crossing my fingers I'm not going to have to replace front axle seals after.

View attachment 320552

Try not to break the speed/abs sensors. I broke one when I was doing my ball joints. Costed me a trip to a dealer. Disconnect them by the frame rather than trying to pull them out of the hubs.

jesse3638

Hooked
Try not to break the speed/abs sensors. I broke one when I was doing my ball joints. Costed me a trip to a dealer. Disconnect them by the frame rather than trying to pull them out of the hubs.
Thanks for the heads up. Trust me that's usually my luck too...haha. When installing my lift. A plastic clip on the fuel line broke, while tightening my diff cover the threads pulled out of the housing at 15ft lbs. Needless to say, I'm ready for unexpected hurdles..haha. At least I don't have to worry about the ball joints too much when welding the gussets in as they'll be replaced.

shipjim

Back up Camera and mirror

I replaced my old camera unit which kept going out due to cheap receiving unit by the screen.. Bought an Auto Vox mirror with forward and back up cameras
I hard wired the back up this time and must say the video is great as is the front looking camera on the mirror. Among other things it records events on a loop SD card and has lane departure warning which I need!!!
Time will tell on durability so I bought a 4 year Amazon warranty. Not much else to do to My Precious for now just need to get on some trails.

Had read on some truck forums of guys having luck with coilover covers in the winter. Figure the $60 was worth trying out to protect my investment from all the salt and brine out here in NJ. I plan on giving them a through cleaning first “warm” sunny day so that I can take true before and after pics. IMG_3094.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Had read on some truck forums of guys having luck with coilover covers in the winter. Figure the $60 was worth trying out to protect my investment from all the salt and brine out here in NJ. I plan on giving them a through cleaning first “warm” sunny day so that I can take true before and after pics. View attachment 320609

That is really a great idea. Definitely post up your findings

jesse3638

Hooked
Out with the old and in with the new. Made some more progress today. As previously mentioned go with the ball joint kit from auto zone otherwise you'll be returing the one you got at oreilly....haha. I was lazy and didn't want to drive to a farther one so I tried the oreilly. The one thing that's paid for itself is my 2' breaker bar. Made quick work of the old ones and if it wasn't for the spring on the drivers side it have made quick work of the new ones too.

IMAG2938.jpg
IMAG2937.jpg

rmilobrown

Out with the old and in with the new. Made some more progress today. As previously mentioned go with the ball joint kit from auto zone otherwise you'll be returing the one you got at oreilly....haha. I was lazy and didn't want to drive to a farther one so I tried the oreilly. The one thing that's paid for itself is my 2' breaker bar. Made quick work of the old ones and if it wasn't for the spring on the drivers side it have made quick work of the new ones too.

View attachment 320687
View attachment 320688

Looking Good! We want a closer shot of your welds:thumb:

Top Bottom