What was your first vehicle?

JAGS

Hooked
I had a used 1988 2dr black Mercury Tracer. This is not mine, but looked something like this. Wish mine had those wheels and exhaust. Lol.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419450257.582512.jpg

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I had a forest green 4-door '97 Jeep Cherokee Sport. My wife and I loved that Jeep!

I ended up selling it to my youngest brother (who needed a vehicle) for a fraction of its value. He killed it within a year. Very sad.

kyleolson

I had a 1983 AMC Concord station wagon... Shared it with the family at age 16. Burnt orange.. Here's a pic of what it looked like that I found on the Internet. ;)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419452966.649251.jpg

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
1967 VW Bug with Baja kit and Buckshot mudders on the back. Wish I had one like it, but in better condition. Me and my buddies pretty much used it up.

KingCopperhead

1987 K5 Chevy Blazer. Was a decommissioned police vehicle lol. Had 31 inch tires, two Rockford fosgate 15s and a 305 that got under 10 mpg. If I could get it back today I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Stevengrill

1991 5.0 HO Thunderbird, Bill Elliott Edition.
Was such a sweet car, lost control on a back mountain road and went over with her, surprised she still started up after the fact.

Wish I had a before after picture for ya.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419469832.274118.jpg

tuna

I didn't need a car nor want one until I was 27. When work finally moved, I decided if I absolutely had to have a car, it might as well wipe out my bank account and make up for all that carbon tax I had been paying- er I mean it might as well also be a hobby!

a '13 jkur
orig_smaller.jpg

jb5.jpg

Acuaman

I had a '92 red VW Golf. Loved it! Not much engine, but great manual gearbox. Had tons of fun.

Picture is generic, just to give you an idea... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419494414.223806.jpg

BChaffins

My first car was a 1968 Austin Healy Sprite which I got in the mid 70s. It blew the clutch on the way home from buying it and I spent the next month pulling the engine and rebuilding it. I had to remove the center console so my legs would fit (I'm 6'4"). And it was carpeted with black bathroom rubber backed shag bathroom carpeting.

It was a fun car and I actually took it off-road many time on woodland fire trails. It was great fun!

Sadly I have no surviving pictures of it.

Number1navydad

Mine was a black 1967 CJ-5 with a metal hard top. I sold it while I was stationed in Japan back in '01 or '02. I miss that thing. It was stock except the tires and it would climb anything.

simo

1975 Datsun B210 purchased new on June 6, 1975 in Minot, ND and totaled on March 22, 1978 in Phoenix, AZ.
Great gas mileage and had a lot of fun in this car.

1975 B210 01.jpg 1975 B210 02.jpg b210 sticker 02.jpg B210 Window Sticker.jpg

Jeep10

First Car

Mine was a '72 Heavy 3/4 Ton Chevy Pickup. Guy was painting it with a paint brush in his driveway when I bought it for $500. Those 350's were tanks back then. Was 17 and couldn't get a loan for a new Jeep. Took another 14 years, a Mercury Capri, and a Chevy 4x4 before I was able to get into my first self owned Jeep (92 Wrangler). at 176,000 miles, it still runs great but sits in storage until I get time and money to build it into something gnarly.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
When I was 14 I got a 1979 Honda XL185s that I rode all thru high school, I miss that bike, at 16 my mom gave me her 1977 Pontiac Sunbird so I could help run my brother and sister around. I have an 08 Honda XR650L, great bike but I still miss the smaller one.

Top Bottom