What were your first JK mods

BamBamDeer

My advice is start small and cheap. A bunch of great ideas already given. Then, once you start to feel like it's unique and your own and you've spent a bunch of time on here, you'll have a much better idea of what kind of Jeep you want to build and will make better decisions on the expensive parts.

That is great advice. I feel like I am moving in slow motion but at least I am moving the direction I want. Search the threads....they will answer most questions....give great advice and some great ideas. I can't tell you how much money and aggravation this Forum has saved me but I am sure it will be money better spent.

Good Luck on a Great Adventure!

Wethy

my first mods were a CB and wayalife stickers i found my jk was good enough to get me where i wanted to go right from the start, so i worried about small useful things to aid on the trail. and figured a CB was a good place to start, then i added a set of windshield lights

el_chupo_

headlights
Skid plates
plasti-dipped grill
Trek Armor seat covers
floor liners

Those were my first mods, not necessarily in that order.

mcgyvr

Spidertrax adapters + Procomp 51 wheels (4.5" backspacing from my ZJ) with 33" General Grabber AT2's installed 1 day after driving off the dealership lot..

SilverBack

Grab handless so my wife could get in easier and a pillow (an American Flag pillow from Germany) so she could see out the windshield.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
So I just bought a JKUR and now I can't decide what accessories or mods I want to do first. Cheap/easy accessories or modification would be ideal.

Some things I've considered:
1. Painting the inside of the hardtop to satin black
2. Hothead headliners (not cheap)
3. Build a false cargo floor with some tool bags to slide underneath the deck.
4. Remove headrest springs in back seat to get more visibility.
5. Trim stock fenders

I know every owner makes their jeep unique and want to see what you have done to make it your own. I'm trying to spark some ideas that I haven't thought of before.

Let's see or hear about them!

Diffidently cut your fenders when you get bigger tires don't spend money on new ones and use that money somewhere else. The trimmed factory fenders work amazing. People ask me all the time if their bushwacker fenders and I say no I cut the factory ones.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
As you daily drive your Jeep and use it off road. You will figure out really soon on what you will want/need. As for myself the first things i did, almost immediately was get truck-lites.
2) oil pan and trans skid
3) stock stubby bumper

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
First mod on the 08 was to pop the freedom panels off at the dealer. Second mod was plasti dip the grill black. Third mod was to sell the ranch hand front bumper and get the EVO 1/4 pounder. All within a week or so.

When we traded in the 08 on the 14, the first mod was to swap the EVO bumper from the 08 to the 14 in the parking lot of the dealership and popped the freedom panels on the way home.

Chris99

Basically it's some spacers you put under the front feet of the back seat. I used a kit sold by warpigoffroad. The net result is the top of the back seat is shifted back a couple inches. Not a lot, but it makes a difference if you're sitting back there. The bolts holding the back seat down are tight, I needed a breaker bar to loosen them.

Mac2011JKU

http://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=670020

I agree with GraniteCrystal. A lot of money is spent on wheels, tires and lift. I would recommend doing them at the same time because you might spend a lot of $ on wheels and tires with an offset and width that you like but wouldn't look as good with the lift you later did. My first upgrades were front and rear bumpers and floor mats.

Last edited:

clos0791

JW Speaker head lights
Mate Black Mopar Grille
Mopar Slush mats
Mopar Taillight guards
Mopar light bar
And counting, it's addicting.

TomRalph

You are doing it right... asking first.

I did it all wrong and am paying for it still, correcting errors of past or skimping on quality of parts.

My first mod was an over weight large bumper that looked cool. Thankfully some wreck-less driver in a pickup did it in so insurance paid to replace it :)

Top Bottom