What would you buy?

werks

No experience with a Ford but I have a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab diesel and absolutely love the thing! Hauls my trailer and race car around like it's not even there towing at 70-75mph. Exhaust brake is awesome even around town when not towing and have had zero issues with it since new! Zero complaints and when it's time for this one to go, it's going to be replaced by another Dodge:thumb:

Sullivan

My last truck was a 2008 Duramax that was tuned and deleted. It was a monster with that motor trans combo. I now have a 2013 F350 with 6.7 diesel. Lariat so the interior is awesome and truck interior has more room. I tow a lot and my ford tows better. It has a longer wheelbase tho.
If stay away from all 6.4 fords. 6.0 fords need to be bullet proofed and I would buy one that has already been done. Too many garbage set ups on them. Do it yourself after you buy but plan on dropping 8k on it.
Cummins is a great motor but the older trans sucks and the interiors suck. Just my .02 cents.
I'm headed to Moab in 2 weeks. Pulling a 38ft gooseneck with 2 JK's on it. Barely be able to tell trailer is back there. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474592467.753592.jpg

JKbrick

Fair warning, I got a new 2016 Ram with the Cummins, the dash will tell you when to get it serviced. So at 10,000 miles on it I took it in for an oil change and the fuel filter was down to 20% so I told them to change it too. Well the salesman never told me about the service of the truck (not surprised) but when I picked it up the guy told me there are 2 fuel filters and the oil change were $416.00! I about pooped right there on the floor, damn. I would still have bought my truck but they should tell you the cost of the service as a courtesy

Sullivan

I'd rather trailer it. I can wheel it much harder without a worry to get back home. Plus, I can just load it up quickly and make a long drive home. No need to worry about checking every detail in the jeep before I go.
But I'm also speaking of this because I have a truck and trailer for my daily job. It's available to me and my truck is my daily driver.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'd rather trailer it. I can wheel it much harder without a worry to get back home. Plus, I can just load it up quickly and make a long drive home. No need to worry about checking every detail in the jeep before I go.
But I'm also speaking of this because I have a truck and trailer for my daily job. It's available to me and my truck is my daily driver.

Wheel hard or wheel like a retarded jackass? There is a difference.

PilotJK

Agreed, but his 2 door looks streetable. Just curious. Mine made it to Utah twice this year with no issues & honestly, I'd rather drive it than have to deal with 2 vehicles and a trailer. Just my :twocents:

Yes, its street-able. We travel far to various wheeling events. I will have the peace of mind of doing any trail and not worry about how to get back home. I have had issues in the past.

Sometimes things fail even though you don't "wheel like a retarded jackass"...

Last edited:

T_rav

I vote dodge. In my opinion simple is better and the Cummings is an easy engine to work on. The 5.9 is great as is and th 6.7 is great after deletes. I have a 13 ram 2500 and she pulls the tractor down the highway like it's not even there. If can space is an issue for you get a 4th gen. The back seat is significantly bigger. Happy hunting!

Top Bottom