What would you buy?

Sullivan

Wheel hard or wheel like a retarded jackass? There is a difference.

Nobody said its to wheel like a jackass. But I like to challenge myself and push the jeep a bit. This just gives me piece of mind that I can still get home if something major breaks.

And nobody is wrong here with their answer OverlandJK. No need to assume people are wheeling like that because you disagree with the idea.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Nobody said its to wheel like a jackass. But I like to challenge myself and push the jeep a bit. This just gives me piece of mind that I can still get home if something major breaks.

And nobody is wrong here with their answer OverlandJK. No need to assume people are wheeling like that because you disagree with the idea.

I can see why you would need a trailer with your offroad parks back in the mid west. See out here in the west we can 100+ miles away from civilization wheeling so we don't need a trailer since we are so close to everything.

:crazyeyes:

Ddays

Hooked
Why not take the money you're gonna spend on the rig (trailer & truck) and put THAT into your build? You should be able to drive anywhere in the country and back without breaking anything. Me personally? I would much rather put that kind of money into a damn motorhome & flat tow the Jeep.

Napalm

Why not take the money you're gonna spend on the rig (trailer & truck) and put THAT into your build? You should be able to drive anywhere in the country and back without breaking anything. Me personally? I would much rather put that kind of money into a damn motorhome & flat tow the Jeep.

Now that's an idea!

Since no one asked for my opinion, I'm gonna give it anyways. Trailering the Jeep takes away from the journey to wherever your headed. That is half the fun for me! :)

Stotch

Caught the Bug

X2 Well said :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd rather trailer it. I can wheel it much harder without a worry to get back home. Plus, I can just load it up quickly and make a long drive home. No need to worry about checking every detail in the jeep before I go.

I'm sure it's just me but a trailer seems pretty useless when you're over 100 miles away from the closest anything. Of course, I'm just a web wheeler and would never dream of wheeling my Jeep let alone on anything hard and far away from home.

Speeddmn

Ive had an 08 F350 with the 6.4, Lots of power in stock form, loved it. Wife thought it was to big, it also got horrible MPG empty I was getting 12-14, towing my camper I was lucky to get 8 on flat land. I then bought a 2013 EcoBoost and got double MPG towing the same stuff. Sold that and got back into a diesel again, but this time I went Duramax. It's proven Alison transmission is what I wanted. Motors will limp if you need it but a trans will get you down the road. Lots of power, none of the Cummins rattle and the ability to still get 25+ down the highway.

If I was buying used I would look at the Ford 7.3 Turbo, then the IDI 7.3 first. Sheetmetal and interiors can be changed...

Sullivan

I can see why you would need a trailer with your offroad parks back in the mid west. See out here in the west we can 100+ miles away from civilization wheeling so we don't need a trailer since we are so close to everything.

:crazyeyes:

Our trails parks suck. No hiding that. Nothing like fighting thru horrible mud just to try to slide off a couple small rocks.
It's just easier for me to trailer it out west then load up the jeep and run the trails. Did Colorado this summer and once we got there, I just parked the truck and we took jeep everywhere. So I guess I kind of do both. Like I said before, I trailer because I have the truck and trailer due to my work. Otherwise I probably wouldn't spend that kind of money on one.

Sullivan

I'm sure it's just me but a trailer seems pretty useless when you're over 100 miles away from the closest anything. Of course, I'm just a web wheeler and would never dream of wheeling my Jeep let alone on anything hard and far away from home.

Just depends on where I'm wheeling at. But yeah, a trailer doesn't help when your in deep on a trail. Still need to have tools and parts to get off the trail, which I do.
I am also a web wheeler. My 22's with all terrains do pretty well with my BB lift!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just depends on where I'm wheeling at. But yeah, a trailer doesn't help when your in deep on a trail. Still need to have tools and parts to get off the trail, which I do.
I am also a web wheeler. My 22's with all terrains do pretty well with my BB lift!

To each their own I guess. Not like I've ever spent 3 weeks driving my Jeep from SoCal out to Drummond Island and wheeled what I could along the way and back. I suppose that would be stupid to do without a truck and trailer.

Sullivan

To each their own I guess. Not like I've ever spent 3 weeks driving my Jeep from SoCal out to Drummond Island and wheeled what I could along the way and back. I suppose that would be stupid to do without a truck and trailer.

It's not stupid. No one said that. Just what I prefer, that's all. Again, nobody is wrong here. It's just what ever people prefer. I'm a big proponent of everyone wheeling their jeeps and pushing their limits a bit. As long as that's happening and everyone is having a blast, it's a good day on the trail.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's not stupid. No one said that. Just what I prefer, that's all. Again, nobody is wrong here. It's just what ever people prefer. I'm a big proponent of everyone wheeling their jeeps and pushing their limits a bit. As long as that's happening and everyone is having a blast, it's a good day on the trail.

Like I said, to each their own. Again, all I was saying is that I think it's silly when people say the want a trailer so that they can wheel harder.

hhunter050

If I could afford a truck and trailer I'd have one. I'm sure the truck would be used for more then just hauling your jeep around. If it wouldn't I'd say your wasting your money but then again it's not my money or my rig so do what you want.

dillard09

Us Socal guys don't have room to park a jeep, the wife's car, another truck, and a trailer. That's why I just try and wheel the mall so that way if it breaks I can still get my slurpee and pretzel from food court.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Having actually limped my Jeep home from PA to NC with a broken front pinion, I can say until I have D60s under my Jeep, I'd love to trailer it. Of course, using the same logic, I'd rather take the money for that truck and put it into D60s so I don't have to worry about it. :crazyeyes:

Sullivan

Oh I look at my truck and trailer and imagine what I could build if I just sold it. Good lord! But then I wouldn't make any money with my day job, so that might be an issue.
But then again, who cares about a day job. I wanna go wheeling!!!

Top Bottom