What would you do? (Build vs Recon)

jesse3638

Hooked
I've been tempted to trade-in my built 2014 JKUS for a Recon. But, after spending $45k on the Recon I would still need bigger tires and a small lift MINIMUM to be happy. Some of my 2014 parts can be salvaged, but not the gears, Truetracs, driveshafts, rear chromoly shafts, flat fenders, lift. Hard to justify giving up what I have built already, probably just wait and get a JLU Rubicon in a couple years.

That's why I started with a bottom end Rubicon. Didn't need leather or anything fancy. Really the T-case and lockers was what I was after. I knew I was going to lift it and wheel it. I did so with 69 payments (yes 72 month loan) left on it as if I owned it because that was my goal. I refied it about a year later for 1.9% on the remaining amount and did not extend the term (Thats how they screw you on a refi) and I'm now 4 payments away from being free and clear. Its given me great joy and allowed me to have experiences and see things I would not have been able to otherwise. I do not regret a single thing.

14JK-U

As most others have said with the recon you'll want the lift/tires and goodies you can't get from factory. Id personally build what you got but I also went with base sport with only a few creature comforts since I knew I'd be ripping most of it out. The one thing I wish I got was the D44 up front but my 30 will be ripped out eventually so I'm happy with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom