What would you do with a 10k budget?

RamP

Lets say you bought a 2013 Rubicon unlimited that you are financing. But you saved up $10,000 for mods.
What would you do to a stock Rubicon?
I'd like to do a build that ends up with a long arm kit and 37in tires. I really like what I've seen from Off Road Evo, and Clayton Off Road is about 1/2 hour from where I live. I'm in CT.
The jeep will be a daily driver but I only really have a 10min commute. And it will see the trails as well. With some PA trips and the like.
Any ideas?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a nice budget to work with. If it were me, I would push or an EVO bolt on coil over kit and just run them with short arms and use the rest for wheels, tires, bumpers, etc. I'm pretty sure you could do it for about that.

RamP

So the coilover kit (which speakes to the track guy in me) along with a short arm kit, is better than just getting a complete long arm kit? Believe me I'm all for it. I think the coilovers are the cats ass. And I may have to extend the budget to include driveshafts. They are not cheap either.

socc3rakd25

evo bolt on coilovers with teraflex long arm upgrade will stay under 10k. thats what I would do. might even have enough for some driveshafts.

Jersey_Devil

I had a 2010 JKU Sahara with 4" Rancho long arm and 37s so with bad news rubi and 10k

4" Rancho long arm suspension
3/4" Daystar coil spacers
37X12.50R17 Goodyear MT/Rs
17x9 ATX Wheels
Rugged Ridge XHD mod bumper
G2 Rear bumper w/jerry can and tires carrier
AEV Snorkel
River Raider breather extention kit
River Raider side armor combo (4 door extended crusher corners, rock sliders, and steel tube fenders)
River Raider L.E.D. round taillights
River Raider Sport Cage
River Raider champ stamp
Warn Power Plant

I think I went over by a grand or so...... But I tend to do that when I buy stuff lol

J-S

I got an estimate of about 10k from my local shop and it was with 4 inchs teraflex lift kit, stearing demper, exhaust spacer, AEV pintler wheels, BF Crawlers 37/12.5r17, smittybilt stigner front bumper and smittybilt xrc rear bumper all that with instalation and taxes included would be 9896.29 over here but we have pretty high taxes and the shop charge 75$/hour

I don't know if it's a good deal or not but I'm kind of stuck with this shop anyway since they are the only one over here plus they seem like nice people.

RamP

Thanks everyone for the advice so far.
I'm looking into the coilovers as well as driveshafts and an arm kit. Still undecided on a long or short. The budget I have is mainly for the lift and tires. As well as parts that will make the system work well together.

Top Bottom