What's in your Jeep tool kit?

Coop

Caught the Bug
The tire patch kit should have Schrader valves, but it would always be a good idea to have few extra Incase you screw one of them up airing down or up. Had a problem recently airing up. Couldn’t get it to seal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

prionic1

Thank you for all who are contributing to this thread. I'm in the midst of putting my kit together. This helps IMMENSELY!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Actually some idiot did cut into his soft top last January during the Lucerne Valley run...I think someone was trying to relieve him of his fridge...

Wasn’t the first time. That tire patch kit was used to cut my top like 6 years ago when I was with MTG in 29 palms. It’s been around a while.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
:cheesy:

Wow! Sensitive crowd today. Didn't realize pheromones worked online.

Aren’t you selling out, and leaving?

I am selling my Jeeps that I currently own, so I guess that makes me a sell out? :thinking:

Dick move Mike.

It will be a shame to miss out on all your bbq pics and Jeep in driveway pics.

Don't worry too much, I'll still come around and post up some food/wine pics. Maybe even a shot of the new Infiniti backing over the flower bed next to the driveway during sunset. :idontknow:

That would never happen. Oh wait, crack heads.

Seems like a lifetime ago.

Actually some idiot did cut into his soft top last January during the Lucerne Valley run...I think someone was trying to relieve him of his fridge...

Adam has fans everywhere he goes.

He knows. He was being a dick.

LOL! It was a joke snowflake.

Wasn’t the first time. That tire patch kit was used to cut my top like 6 years ago when I was with MTG in 29 palms. It’s been around a while.

Is this seriously the same one?

Let's see, I lost a pair of $600 prescription sunglasses that night along with some miscellaneous stuff. Didn't realize it until I was halfway home when you called and the sun finally came out. You got your top cut, but gained a sweet tire patch kit. And if I remember correctly JAGS stayed in the hotel room when you and I went down to figure out why his car alarm was going off.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I was looking forward to pics of an A8 or a Panorama in the driveway. lol

What Inifiniti did you go with?

Picked up a QX80 for the wife over the weekend.

Pretty sure there will be an Audi S7 on the other side of the garage at some point. Hard to find one with the options/color I want...and I don't want to buy new.

Picked up a QX80 for the wife over the weekend.

Pretty sure there will be an Audi S7 on the other side of the garage at some point. Hard to find one with the options/color I want...and I don't want to buy new.

Nice!

Hopefully you score a low mile fleece return with all your options. 🤞

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nice!

Hopefully you score a low mile fleece return with all your options. ��

The lease returns are nice, but typically over priced and subject to sales tax. I'd prefer to find a bored private party seller. But apparently everyone that is currently selling likes black. There are a few out there in white/grey but they are either too old, have too many miles, not the right configuration or too expensive. But at this point I can sit around a wait.

Edit: I mean really, is it too much to ask for the massaging, heated and cooled seats? :cheesy:

Last edited:

wibornz

Tools that are amust have in your Jeep when off roading.

So I am building a tool set for my jeep and plan to travel alot away from my home. What tools should I have with me? What I don't want to do is carry a whole bunch of stuff I don't need.

Let me know what you think are the must have, should have and not necessary but nice to have wirh you anyways.

BIG THANKS

WJCO

Meme King
So I am building a tool set for my jeep and plan to travel alot away from my home. What tools should I have with me? What I don't want to do is carry a whole bunch of stuff I don't need.

Let me know what you think are the must have, should have and not necessary but nice to have wirh you anyways.

BIG THANKS

Merged here. Lots of info. The one Ddays linked is good too.

wibornz

Well, there is a wide range here from I bring a whole tool truck, to I got pair of channel locks with me. I don't want to carry 500 pounds of tools. I was kinda looking for a streamline set of tools advice list. Like you will need a 22 mm wrench, but not at 17 because there is no 17mm bolts on a Jeep kinda advice.

Ddays

Hooked
Well, there is a wide range here from I bring a whole tool truck, to I got pair of channel locks with me. I don't want to carry 500 pounds of tools. I was kinda looking for a streamline set of tools advice list. Like you will need a 22 mm wrench, but not at 17 because there is no 17mm bolts on a Jeep kinda advice.

Are you really going to go so far as breaking down wrench & socket sets because you "won't need a 17mm"? Get a nice softsided tool bag from Home Depot or Lowes and start with the basics that you use when you work on your vehicles. I built my kit by figuring out which tools I needed in order to complete particular tasks I would run into. I also looked through these threads and cribbed tools from what others carry to supplement what I had. :twocents:

Top Bottom