What's next?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
My jeep has grown more rapidly than I had imagined and it needs to continue that way based on the decisions I've recently made. Not too long ago I picked up some Slabs and 37s for a steal. Now I'm that guy rocking them on a D30. "Shame, shame, shame." But I recently sold my YJ and it is paying for a PR44. I'm going with 5.13s and ARB air lockers. I obviously need an air compressor. I would like to hook it up to a Trail rocker, sPOD or a DIY one to plan for the future. But I also want EVO rocker skins and sliders but funds are limited after this axle swap. Should I go with the air compressor/switch setup or go with rocker protection and wheel with open diffs until I can afford the rest? Or do some other combo?

swampdog

My jeep has grown more rapidly than I had imagined and it needs to continue that way based on the decisions I've recently made. Not too long ago I picked up some Slabs and 37s for a steal. Now I'm that guy rocking them on a D30. "Shame, shame, shame." But I recently sold my YJ and it is paying for a PR44. I'm going with 5.13s and ARB air lockers. I obviously need an air compressor. I would like to hook it up to a Trail rocker, sPOD or a DIY one to plan for the future. But I also want EVO rocker skins and sliders but funds are limited after this axle swap. Should I go with the air compressor/switch setup or go with rocker protection and wheel with open diffs until I can afford the rest? Or do some other combo?

Totally depends on what kind of trail / terrain you are running. Rock - get protection. More wooded / mud - compressor / switch. Also, you can get the baby ARB compressor to power the lockers for like 140 bucks I believe, and it should come with switches. I went with the twin compressor and the switch-pros system and love it. Check out the SP system, it's really a great piece of kit at a steal.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Personally I'd go with the sliders first. I would rather be grumbling about open diffs than body damage! It's amazing what folks climb over or through with open diffs. You'll just learn more about picking the right line, which is a good thing!

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Personally I'd go with the sliders first. I would rather be grumbling about open diffs than body damage! It's amazing what folks climb over or through with open diffs. You'll just learn more about picking the right line, which is a good thing!

That's kind of what I was thinking too.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

I'd recommend having the compressor/rear locker. You are going to pay double to have your rear diff worked on twice. (once for the gear install and again for the locker install. Instead of them both at once) The switches you can mount somewhere in the cab. As a bonus you now have a way of airing back up your tires which I'm guessing is needed more in the PNW since its more trials than Off road parks. Then do the sliders and skins next and the worry about a switch system when you start adding lights and what not.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I'd recommend having the compressor/rear locker. You are going to pay double to have your rear diff worked on twice. (once for the gear install and again for the locker install. Instead of them both at once) The switches you can mount somewhere in the cab. As a bonus you now have a way of airing back up your tires which I'm guessing is needed more in the PNW since its more trials than Off road parks. Then do the sliders and skins next and the worry about a switch system when you start adding lights and what not.

I didn't mention it but I was going to have a rear locker installed along with the re gear. Big price tag for getting it done all at once but I'm not a fan of rework. Good point about airing up though. Maybe I'll do the compressor and rocker skins.

Top Bottom