What's the minimum backspacing for ProRock 60 Axle?

LarryG

So, I am trying to find the right beadlock wheel for the ProRock 60 axle. The ProRock 60 only is available in the semi-float 5x5 or 5.5 bolt pattern. Eddie said "DONT GET the ATX Slab wheel, as it only has 3.5" of backspacing which will make the stance to wide".....I get it, BUT....What is the right amount of backspacing? The Chamber Pro wheel has 4.06 of backspacing....is that enough?

qwasin

Well first I would think long and hard about spending all that money on a semi float axle. And second I would think long and hard about going with a high pinion housing. If it were me, I would buy once and cry once, and have dynatrac build me a full float, low pinion axle. There are also other, perhaps more affordable, full float/low pinion axles on the market, but with some trade offs like unproven housing strength and a 2 pin e-locker.

But to answer your backspace question, if you go with a full width axle, you'll probably want more back spacing than 3.5-4". Trail ready has a lot of backspace options and walker evans also has higher backspaced wheels. Or just order your axles with the stock jk WMS and run slabs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I am trying to find the right beadlock wheel for the ProRock 60 axle. The ProRock 60 only is available in the semi-float 5x5 or 5.5 bolt pattern. Eddie said "DONT GET the ATX Slab wheel, as it only has 3.5" of backspacing which will make the stance to wide".....I get it, BUT....What is the right amount of backspacing? The Chamber Pro wheel has 4.06 of backspacing....is that enough?

NEGATIVE ghostrider. I said to NOT get Slabs IF you're going to run the "extra wide" ProRock 60 which is 3" wider.

LarryG

Well first I would think long and hard about spending all that money on a semi float axle. And second I would think long and hard about going with a high pinion housing. If it were me, I would buy once and cry once, and have dynatrac build me a full float, low pinion axle. There are also other, perhaps more affordable, full float/low pinion axles on the market, but with some trade offs like unproven housing strength and a 2 pin e-locker.

But to answer your backspace question, if you go with a full width axle, you'll probably want more back spacing than 3.5-4". Trail ready has a lot of backspace options and walker evans also has higher backspaced wheels. Or just order your axles with the stock jk WMS and run slabs.

Thanks....the XD60 is considerably more $. About $4 grand more. If this wasn't the second Jeep I purchased in two months....I wouldn't be squeezing this much.

Jackal01

Thanks....the XD60 is considerably more $. About $4 grand more. If this wasn't the second Jeep I purchased in two months....I wouldn't be squeezing this much.

I have spoken to Dynatrac directly on the phone regarding PR60s/XD60s and they said the difference in the PR60 and PRXD60 is a couple hundred dollars. Going from semi to full float is where the massive jump is. You can get a semi float XD60.

Top Bottom