What's your MPG

StrizzyChris

The gears are the stock 4.10, I get roughly 150 miles on a full tank of fuel. That most I've ever gotten is 172 miles. With a 19 gallon fuel tank that comes out to 8-9 miles a gallon. If there is something I need to have checked out please let me know.

Is the speedo recalibrated for your aftermarket tires?

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

StrizzyChris

No I checked it with a couple speedometer/GPS apps and they both have it off by 3 Mph

That'll make the mileage you're using to calculate the tank vs trip off and make ur mpg seem worse but probably only by about 2mpg.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

No I checked it with a couple speedometer/GPS apps and they both have it off by 3 Mph

well there ya go. you need to track the mileage accurately and then calculate it. so that will give you and extra 2-3mpg. if you are using the gps to track milage and its still bad then check your spark plugs make sure they are gapped properly and have new wires,cap,rotor. maintaining that stuff might help. also faulty 02 sensors could make you run rich. 33's on stock gears is going to hurt the mpgs the most tho EDIT: just to be clear your 4.10s and 33's is an okay setup and should give you more mpgs then that. not saying you need to regear for better mpgs

Last edited:

Rob

Computer says Im averaging 12 right now. 37's and stock gears. My stupid overdirve button is stuck right now but Im hoping once I get that fixed or bypassed it will help. Right now its constantly searching for a gear on the highway.

ssh6314

Rarly get on the freeway. Get about 240 miles a tank.
Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

Attachments

• 1368571660182.jpg
    1368571660182.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 91

Irishcoffee

JKU 2009, 2.8 Diesel VM (export), 83k miles, 3:73, 33", AT, Lift 2.5", manual, some metal:
- city: 18 mpg
- hway 80mph: 21 mpg
During our European tours with all the luggage fuel budget was followed on a combined 20 mpg.
But...
Diesel fuel price in Europe = 1.4 Euro/liter = 1.82 USD/liter = 3.785 l/gal x 1.82 USD/liter =
6.88 USD/gal of Diesel (!!!!!)

bob-o12jk

Banned
I just filled up again this week on my 12 jkur 2.5" lift and 37's. Got an average of 14.3 mpg city and highway
276 miles with a full tank

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I just filled up again this week on my 12 jkur 2.5" lift and 37's. Got an average of 14.3 mpg city and highway
276 miles with a full tank

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

You do as good as me. I have a 2012 auto right now running rubi springs and shocks gave me 1.25" lift and 32" tires 3:21 gears. I get about 268 to 300 per a tank. and ave. 17.8 mpg depending how I drive with this tank.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
200miles to a tank is uber-bad! You're running stock right? Most of us on 37s are getting between 270 and 280 average. Something's wrong there Branko.

He's a 2 door and has a smaller gas tank. But still, I get anywhere from 225-250 with mine. 35's 3.73 gears and a manual 2012.

Top Bottom