What's your view like at work?

wjtstudios

Hooked
My forearms are getting the majority of the burn.

Im lucky there is a crew of 4 of us and I guess this many 5/8 sheets isn’t ordered too often in 1 day.

I rarely spec that much. Usually all ceilings are 5/8s and walls are 1/2.

The larger estates the we do are all 5/8s walls and ceilings. My drywall guys aren’t usually too happy about that during the install though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked

The larger estates the we do are all 5/8s walls and ceilings. My drywall guys aren’t usually too happy about that during the install though.

That’s what it’s been so far, we were stocking an office building.

It's crazy that extra 1/8" adds so much weight.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would’ve been fine if it was just 1/2 inch lol

Jsouder53

Hooked
Couldnt quite get the last 150 sheets delivered, the truck blew an airline trying to do a 3 point turn (then the engine started acting odd). Had to get it towed Image1551224979.178510.jpg

Luckily we drive separate, the towing service was backed up a few hours due to this weather!

Last edited:

Angry Aussie

Stocking 450 sheets of 5/8 drywall today... not fun

The boom will get it close to the door, then we have to stock it wherever they want it in the building by hand.[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, that had to suck.

TrailHunter

Hooked

I don't think we've ever used 1/2"... 5/8" Fire-X for everything. Shit is heavy... especially when its 10 or 12'

Jsouder53

Hooked
Arms got tired so you sabotaged the truck [emoji6] [emoji23] can't say I blame you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hahahaha I wasn’t too upset about it [emoji23]

If you do that for long you will be able to get rid of your floor jack and just pick your Jeep up by hand

I can’t wait for that day [emoji23]

A new 14,000 sf home on 300 acres.
View attachment 321908
Just starting the rough ins

That place looks great!

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
IMG_2153.jpg
IMG_2154.jpg
Been pulling in wire for the ac units on the building I’m at. Size 4/0. It’s nice because the lift does all the work haha there was only 2 pulls I did by hand but not bad.

JDDK

My uncle was a meter reader for ComEd in the inner city of Chicago for years before moving up. He said the entire time he never had an issue with a dog and the only thing that ever attacked him was a big mean Turkey lol
These things are very territorial. Everytime I go to this house they challenge me to a face off. The male started mating the female in front of my drivers door, as if to show me he was in charge. I was totally intimidated. hahaha

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
These things are very territorial. Everytime I go to this house they challenge me to a face off. The male started mating the female in front of my drivers door, as if to show me he was in charge. I was totally intimidated. hahaha

Now that's funny, visions of a turkey staring you down screaming who's your daddy while he's nailing his girlfriend, priceless..

Top Bottom