Wheel stud issue

desertrunner

Are these Dynatrac 35 spline? And what had you been torquing them to? Just curious because I'm running the same setup with 1.5" spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yep and I followed exactly what the directions said in the spydertrax box so 80-90 or something like that. But based on how much crusted on locktite I had to scrape off I think I used too much

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Yep and I followed exactly what the directions said in the spydertrax box so 80-90 or something like that. But based on how much crusted on locktite I had to scrape off I think I used too much

Wow, I will definitely be keeping a close eye on mine then. I have never seen a stud spin like that without the threads being chewed up.

Jody Treadway

This has happened to me a few times over the years. Another method is to drill through the stud, gradually increasing the bit size to 1/2". Once you get past the lugnut, the wheel (or spacer) can come off easily.
Then replace the failed stud.

Definitely a PITA...

desertrunner

What color loctite did you use? I never used it when I ran spacers. Just torqued, then a hundred miles later retorqued and they’d be good.

Red... it's what came with the spacers, I feel like it's a bit excessive considering I don't put my tires on with any, but I may put a small dab of blue on it this time when I reinstall them

bmkrinne

Red Loctite is for shit you never plan to take apart and don’t ever want it to come loose. The blue stuff is a better choice for applications where you may need to take apart in the future. Blue is still plenty strong but comes apart without a torch. Glad everything worked out for you! [emoji106]

desertrunner

Red Loctite is for shit you never plan to take apart and don’t ever want it to come loose. The blue stuff is a better choice for applications where you may need to take apart in the future. Blue is still plenty strong but comes apart without a torch. Glad everything worked out for you! [emoji106]

Yeah I agree red seems a bit excessive for something that may need to be removed often and blue will prevent it from coming loose just fine.

I did try to go to an auto parts store to find a stud that matched to no success guess I'll have to wait for the new one from dynatrac. Either way it should press in just fine and I'm not worried about it

BaddestCross

JohnnyD8586

So I was trying to take off my spacers tonight so I could get my rear rotors off and one of the spacers lugs will not come off..... when I try to loosen it goes from tight to really loose and back to tight but will not back off the stud it just keeps spinning.

Any ideas on how the fuck I'm supposed to get this off now? And what I might have done to the stud?

View attachment 306708

Can you get a real narrow sharp chisel in the well to split the nut?

desertrunner

Ok guys dynatrac sent me out a new wheel stud, I pressed it in and torqued my lugs just fine looks like I'm good to go. I'm half tempted just to tac that one anyway just for some piece of mind but it is probably unnecessary

BaddestCross

Top Bottom