Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

Brute

Hooked
Took the JT up a old mining trail last weekend. Not a hard trail but great views and fairly remote. The one with the fire was the view from our tent when I was making the morning cup of coffee. The rest are photos from the old mining cabins, mines, and equipment. Its amazing how they got all the stuff up there!

Sooo...how do you like camping with a JT?...

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Looks like you had a great time, I’m glad you were able to get out there and camp! I’ll have to hit that trail eventually!

Thank you, we had fun. Its always a great feeling when you have no phone or internet and your kid says "I could live here forever ". We'll get out again when I get back from Thailand.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Sooo...how do you like camping with a JT?...

It's good. I keep comparing it to my old JK but that's not fair. She needs a lift, even with 35's and on that easy trail I was still scraping the belly. The departure angle isn't as bad as I thought it would be. And I know it's a given but all your equipment that used to be inside your Jeep are now in the elements. The weather here changes fast especially in the mountains so things will get wet if you're not ready. I like the offroad plus function but I'm not sure about 4lo speed control, it felt like it was fighting me. I'm sure it's just user error though. All in all I think I'll be happy once I get some work done.

Brute

Hooked
It's good. I keep comparing it to my old JK but that's not fair. She needs a lift, even with 35's and on that easy trail I was still scraping the belly. The departure angle isn't as bad as I thought it would be. And I know it's a given but all your equipment that used to be inside your Jeep are now in the elements. The weather here changes fast especially in the mountains so things will get wet if you're not ready. I like the offroad plus function but I'm not sure about 4lo speed control, it felt like it was fighting me. I'm sure it's just user error though. All in all I think I'll be happy once I get some work done.

I put a weatherproof (and lockable) tool box in the back of Brute to deal with weather issues and theft on two day drives to wheeling destinations...but I sacrifice usable space. I am now in the design phase of redoing my bed cage to accommodate a 40” spare in a horizontal location and do away with the box and put all my gear in waterproof duffels to maximize bed space...and will be relocating Brute to Nevada near Las Vegas, so most of my wheeling destinations will only be a one day drive...

If you plan on going to 37”s or larger, you’ll need to figure out where to put the spare...you can go the EVO route and hang it outside the back of the bed to maximize bed space, or have a mounting solution inside the bed, which has better weight distribution, but sacrifice bed space...but it’s a good problem to have...

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I put a weatherproof (and lockable) tool box in the back of Brute to deal with weather issues and theft on two day drives to wheeling destinations...but I sacrifice usable space. I am now in the design phase of redoing my bed cage to accommodate a 40” spare in a horizontal location and do away with the box and put all my gear in waterproof duffels to maximize bed space...and will be relocating Brute to Nevada near Las Vegas, so most of my wheeling destinations will only be a one day drive...

If you plan on going to 37”s or larger, you’ll need to figure out where to put the spare...you can go the EVO route and hang it outside the back of the bed to maximize bed space, or have a mounting solution inside the bed, which has better weight distribution, but sacrifice bed space...but it’s a good problem to have...

For storage I'm waiting to see what aftermarket comes out with. I'm thinking the water proof duffel bags as well. I plan on just sticking with 35's for a while and they're more than enough for 99.9% of the trails out here. The spare fits in the wheel well under the bed and only hangs about even with the hitch. I like the idea of the EVO carrier but I don't want to lose the back up camera.

WJCO

Meme King
I put a weatherproof (and lockable) tool box in the back...... do away with the box and put all my gear in waterproof duffels to maximize bed space....

I'm thinking the water proof duffel bags as well.

Either of you guys have links? I was thinking about something like that this morning. I'm not hearing the best news about the OEM tonneau cover. I'll eventually buy an aftermarket or build one, but in the meantime I was thinking about some kind of waterproof storage case.

Brute

Hooked
Either of you guys have links? I was thinking about something like that this morning. I'm not hearing the best news about the OEM tonneau cover. I'll eventually buy an aftermarket or build one, but in the meantime I was thinking about some kind of waterproof storage case.

I’ve got several from Cabela’s...they have them in assorted sizes. The largest one holds my tool bag, tool roll up, my winch bag (controller, winch line extension, tree straps, snap shackles and d-rings), and my fluids bag...another holds my sleeping bags, thermarest, folding chairs, blankets...

Not only do they keep everything dry...but just as importantly, keeps the dust & dirt off from the trail.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Thank you, we had fun. Its always a great feeling when you have no phone or internet and your kid says "I could live here forever ". We'll get out again when I get back from Thailand.

That’s awesome to hear! Have a safe and enjoyable trip to Thailand [emoji106]

black pearl

Hooked

I have a few rightline bags one roof top and another duffel. They have worked well for me. I’ve used them on multiple trips. Some with rain/snow and others in the desert.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Noble Woodsman

Took the JT up a old mining trail last weekend. Not a hard trail but great views and fairly remote. The one with the fire was the view from our tent when I was making the morning cup of coffee. The rest are photos from the old mining cabins, mines, and equipment. Its amazing how they got all the stuff up there!

I just did a bighorn sheep hunt up there last year. I was on the east side, but have been planning to go back and see that mining road area. Beautiful.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I just did a bighorn sheep hunt up there last year. I was on the east side, but have been planning to go back and see that mining road area. Beautiful.

It's a beautiful area for sure! Did you get anything? I've never seen them up there, granted I only hang out in the heavy traffic area. There is a hunting camp about half way up now that I think about it.

Zstairlessone

I have a few rightline bags one roof top and another duffel. They have worked well for me. I’ve used them on multiple trips. Some with rain/snow and others in the desert.

Yeah, I’ve got a few too. They work pretty good. I was afraid when I got them that they wouldn’t last, get torn up or something - pretty durable and waterproof so far.

Top Bottom