Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

Mun50n3d

The misses and I took a trip with friends to NOLA last weekend. I didn't drive so it's not where did my Jeep took me. It was more of what Jeep I saw.
NOLA has a lot of street Jeepers, but what caught my eye was the Jeep 'On the Road to Berlin' inside The National WWII Museum.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475178873.389028.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475178896.239362.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475178963.325875.jpg

AZMikeD

Myself and a couple of friends ran the Telegraph Canyon Trail yesterday. This trail starts near Superior, AZ and ends up closer to Florence, AZ. This trail is one of my favorites for the moderately challenging terrain and spectacular views. Mother nature has taken its toll on the trail this year as there were several areas that were more washed out and rocky then previous times I have run this trail. For more expert off-roaders there is additional difficult fun to be had in some of the washes that follow along the trail.

telecanyonview.jpg

telecanyonjeeps.jpg

From the end of this trail is a short drive to a Petroglyph site. I've been wanting visit this site again as the last time I was here I had by son with me. He is too young the hike the rocky terrain down in to the wash to get a closer look.

These Petroglyphs were probably created by the Hohokam people that inhabited this area hundreds of years ago. It is believed the Hohokam disappeared from this area around 1450. There are several theories but exactly why they left is a mystery.

Among the images you will notice people and animals depicted. One of them is believed to be a woman giving birth.

petro1.jpg petro2.jpg petro3.jpg petro4.jpg petro5.jpg petro6.jpg petro7.jpg

If you stumble across this Petroglyph site or others please remember to tread lightly and don't touch the Petroglyphs.

bthomas

Myself and a couple of friends ran the Telegraph Canyon Trail yesterday. This trail starts near Superior, AZ and ends up closer to Florence, AZ. This trail is one of my favorites for the moderately challenging terrain and spectacular views. Mother nature has taken its toll on the trail this year as there were several areas that were more washed out and rocky then previous times I have run this trail. For more expert off-roaders there is additional difficult fun to be had in some of the washes that follow along the trail.

View attachment 225310

View attachment 225311

From the end of this trail is a short drive to a Petroglyph site. I've been wanting visit this site again as the last time I was here I had by son with me. He is too young the hike the rocky terrain down in to the wash to get a closer look.

These Petroglyphs were probably created by the Hohokam people that inhabited this area hundreds of years ago. It is believed the Hohokam disappeared from this area around 1450. There are several theories but exactly why they left is a mystery.

Among the images you will notice people and animals depicted. One of them is believed to be a woman giving birth.

View attachment 225312 View attachment 225313 View attachment 225314 View attachment 225315 View attachment 225316 View attachment 225317 View attachment 225318

If you stumble across this Petroglyph site or others please remember to tread lightly and don't touch the Petroglyphs.

Nice pics! I've heard about the petroglyphs out there, but haven't yet gone to find them. That trail comes out by Ajax doesn't it? At any rate, the weather was nice for a run up there yesterday, it's nice to be out of the 100's for sure!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZMikeD

Nice pics! I've heard about the petroglyphs out there, but haven't yet gone to find them. That trail comes out by Ajax doesn't it? At any rate, the weather was nice for a run up there yesterday, it's nice to be out of the 100's for sure!

Yes, that's exactly right. Telegraph Canyon Road meets Mineral Mountain Road right by the Ajax Mine processing structure. The petroglyphs are easy to find if you know which road they're on. There is signage put there to explain the history. If you don't already know, PM me and I'll give you the info.

Still a little warm for me but definitely better than 100+. I'm looking forward for it to cool off a bit more so I can finally get the hardtop off.

Last edited:

bthomas

Yes, that's exactly right. Telegraph Canyon Road meets Mineral Mountain Road right by the Ajax Mine processing structure. The petroglyphs are easy to find if you know which road they're on. There is signage put there to explain the history. If you don't already know, PM me and I'll give you the info.

Still a little warm for me but definitely better than 100+. I'm looking forward for it to cool off a bit more so I can finally get the hardtop off.

Thanks for the offer! I'll probably start getting out more soon, still waiting for a little cooler weather.

Billy

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

OhNoTheJiggies

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475552472.459029.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475552485.897639.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475552539.791596.jpg

Went off-roading up on the Eglin Air Force base in the Florida panhandle. Took the whole family and had a nice day trying to find old tanks and helicopters.

Round two next week!

Top Bottom