Where does the leak comes from?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Any chance you drove thru water and this is residual? Or possibly condensation from running A/C? slso did you happen to wash windshield maybe water ran down? Just Some ideas

jknikos

Any chance you drove thru water and this is residual? Or possibly condensation from running A/C? slso did you happen to wash windshield maybe water ran down? Just Some ideas
Maybe the last one cause i fullfiled the washer reservoir and some fell out. Probably got trapped somewhere?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Sounds like your culprit. If its still there try running your fingers thru it. If its not gease then sounds like washer fluid.

CJW

I know you said it "looks" like water but are you sure it's not gear oil? I see that you regeard. When I put new gears in I put too much gear oil in. The result is that some gets trapped in the breather hose which is right above that stain on your floor. Over time it will work itself all the way up the hose and out the breather filter and then run back down the outside of the hose and drop on the floor.
That's a big stain though so this may be a long shot but worth a quick look.

jeeeep

Hooked
gear oil will stink if it's coming out the vent tube, you'll be able to smell it right away especially when it's hot.

The defroster also runs the AC condenser so it's likely just water from the defroster.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know you said it "looks" like water but are you sure it's not gear oil? I see that you regeard. When I put new gears in I put too much gear oil in. The result is that some gets trapped in the breather hose which is right above that stain on your floor. Over time it will work itself all the way up the hose and out the breather filter and then run back down the outside of the hose and drop on the floor.
That's a big stain though so this may be a long shot but worth a quick look.

This ^^^

Both locations of the drips are directly under where the breather tubes would be. More than likely, the OP over filled his differentials.

jknikos

I gave another look and the leak comes from the top of the spring tower and though the frame it comes down the front lower arm bracket..... :crazyeyes:

jknikos

And checked more carefully and its not from the breather hose. It is probably from the washer fluid tank.

jeeeep

Hooked
And checked more carefully and its not from the breather hose. It is probably from the washer fluid tank.

:thumb: good it's just water based

FYI the axle breather hose also ends at the top of the spring tower driver side and when it spews it will follow the same path down the front lower arm bracket, but it has a smell you can't miss.

H8MUD

I had the same problem and it was water coming from a breather hose out of the firewall on the drivers side. You can see a breather hose on the firewall right behind the starter. Looks like some small piece of debris was clogging it and when it cleared all the water came out.

I took a picture when it happened. If I find it I'll post it.

H8MUD

Here's a picture of the breather hose. If it's the same problem your having, it should of stopped after all the water drained out.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419436862.787752.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419436902.486124.jpg

Top Bottom