Which came first? the Coilovers or the Axles

Fridge81

I did a little research and priced out the 60/60 axle swap. Axles, wheels, tires and a rear 1350 JE REEL was going to be about $16,330 before taxes and any shipping costs. The only thing I could not find out was if the rear 60 has a 1350 yoke or something else. Can someone shine light on that? I already have a 3.5" and seriously want coilovers, but rather get the axles and then coilovers because I will damn sure destroy my axles if I get coilovers first due to where I live.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Correct. They only come in 8x6.5, and with 5.38s. I believe the only "option" is the type of locker.

I had the option of 6 lug or 8 lug and any gear I wanted

I did a little research and priced out the 60/60 axle swap. Axles, wheels, tires and a rear 1350 JE REEL was going to be about $16,330 before taxes and any shipping costs. The only thing I could not find out was if the rear 60 has a 1350 yoke or something else. Can someone shine light on that? I already have a 3.5" and seriously want coilovers, but rather get the axles and then coilovers because I will damn sure destroy my axles if I get coilovers first due to where I live.

They come standard with 1350 yokes as far as I know

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

As of SEMA, you can now get a 60/60 for just under $12,000

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?40557-2016-SEMA-BREAKING-NEWS-NEW-Dynatrac-Axle-Packages

Also, it'll come with a 1350 yoke.

Fridge81

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?40557-2016-SEMA-BREAKING-NEWS-NEW-Dynatrac-Axle-Packages

Yes, sir! I saw that and was super stoked hence my research. I was just unsure of the yoke size. I Already have a JE REEL 1350 front shaft and a buyer for my 44s and wheels, so there is a little incentive to dropping that large amount of coin.

Thanks for your reply

Grubbicon

Yes, sir! I saw that and was super stoked hence my research. I was just unsure of the yoke size. I Already have a JE REEL 1350 front shaft and a buyer for my 44s and wheels, so there is a little incentive to dropping that large amount of coin.

Thanks for your reply

Due to bigger pumpkin of the d60 you would most likely have to have your front driveshaft shorted.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Not that I really can say anything constructive, since I dont have a PR60 rear.....but DDAYS bent a rear flange on his semifloat rear...so I would hold out and order a full float if you can. Sadly us PA guys have retarted fender laws making a full width hard to run legally.

But Dynatrac did reach out to him on their own and ask him to send they shaft in so they could lab test it... so I would imagine its a rather rare occurrence... but I could be wrong. Thanks for bringing that up, I'm going to search for that thread

I plan to stay with 37s at least for the foreseeable future, and probably for as long as we are in Texas. I have yet to be on a trail and think "man, I NEED 40s" while they do look awesome, and I'm sure they are capable as hell, where I wheel, I'm happy with the 37s, and from what Ive seen rubicat do, I have a LOT of ability left in them. :thumb:

Sorry I'm late to the party. Yeah, I bent mine but I think there were a couple factors involved that contributed: First, I am running 1.5" spacers and second I was trying to fit Gruff's wide ass through some rocks and got stuck/high-centered. Probably too much throttle didn't help either. It was bent pretty damn good. I had a spare so it got switched (thanks for the assist Coz). There's been a couple other guys here that have bent the SF rears
too. If you go for your buddies axle set I would get a spare axle to carry if you think you're gonna wheel it in the rocks. They're not cheap but it's not like you can get a spare at the NAPA store down the road.

Looking at the new axle packages I would go for the full float option if I was buying now. I know the wheel situation sucks but maybe you can find one of those buy 4 & get the fifth free deals that pops up now & again.
If I bend another I'm seriously thinking I'm gonna bite the bullet & go to the FF rear 60 & get new wheels.

Edit: If you don't go over 15mph offroad, do you really think you'll be utilizing the coilovers to their capacity? I was set on them being my next upgrade too, but honestly, I don't know how much I'd be able to take advantage of them. They are cool as hell and I really love the idea of them, but I've managed to talk myself out of them based on my two trips to Rausch Creek this year. For me personally I think the coils worked great. I don't think it's possible that I could get any more articulation out of my setup with them over the coils. And there's no place around me that I can go tearing ass on any dirt roads or such so really, I'll probably do without them...

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm doing the 60/60 package in February. Christian, JSS, can get atx slabs for $300 a pop he told me last week. Dude, get the 60s and let's dominate Wolf Caves!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
If I change bolt patterns, I would like to go with something like the KMC Machete 299s. I can't stand how the slabs hold water. It drives me nuts...
Another thing I (we) should consider is the BS, aren't the 60's 2" wider then stock axles? if thats the case, a 3.5BS wheel will make the jeep WIDE! I was looking at the 299s yesterday and it looks like the only come in a 3.5BS. So I might be looking at chamber pro IIs, and just deal with the water retention issue... I'm not sure yet, just a few things to consider

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I change bolt patterns, I would like to go with something like the KMC Machete 299s. I can't stand how the slabs hold water. It drives me nuts...
Another thing I (we) should consider is the BS, aren't the 60's 2" wider then stock axles? if thats the case, a 3.5BS wheel will make the jeep WIDE! I was looking at the 299s yesterday and it looks like the only come in a 3.5BS. So I might be looking at chamber pro IIs, and just deal with the water retention issue... I'm not sure yet, just a few things to consider

We decided to switch from Slabs to Chamber Pro II's to bring the wheels in a bit and like it better. As far as water retention goes, they have medication for that. :D If you were referring to water getting caught in the wheels, take a microfiber cloth and mop it out. One of the things that make the Slab/Chamber Pro II rings so nice is that they're super thick, solid and SMOOTH. If you play on the rocks as hard as you think you do, these rings will get beat to all hell and the less they grab onto things, the better. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler and you can take what I have to say for what it's worth. :yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
We decided to switch from Slabs to Chamber Pro II's to bring the wheels in a bit and like it better. As far as water retention goes, they have medication for that. If you were referring to water getting caught in the wheels, take a microfiber cloth and mop it out. One of the things that make the Slab/Chamber Pro II rings so nice is that they're super thick, solid and SMOOTH. If you play on the rocks as hard as you think you do, these rings will get beat to all hell and the less they grab onto things, the better. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler and you can take what I have to say for what it's worth. :yup:

As nice as the new kmc machetes look I really don't like that ring because of all the cuts in it. I feel like they are just something else for you to potentially get hung up ever so slightly. I would prob switch the ring out for the slab/chamber pro rings

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As nice as the new kmc machetes look I really don't like that ring because of all the cuts in it. I feel like they are just something else for you to potentially get hung up ever so slightly. I would prob switch the ring out for the slab/chamber pro rings

Here's a shot of my old Spyderlock rings. Basically, the same ring as a Slab or Chamber Pro II only with the star in the middle.

main.php

Like you, I too really like the look of the Machete wheels but wouldn't want to run their rings based on the kind of abuse they would have to endure.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
We decided to switch from Slabs to Chamber Pro II's to bring the wheels in a bit and like it better. As far as water retention goes, they have medication for that. :D If you were referring to water getting caught in the wheels, take a microfiber cloth and mop it out. One of the things that make the Slab/Chamber Pro II rings so nice is that they're super thick, solid and SMOOTH. If you play on the rocks as hard as you think you do, these rings will get beat to all hell and the less they grab onto things, the better. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler and you can take what I have to say for what it's worth. :yup:
I know I can just Mop it up, it's more so bothering with rain, not so much when I clean the jeep...
Though you guys do bring up a good point. While I am
Though you guys do bring up a good point. While I am
Though you guys do bring up a good point I overlooked. While I am MUCH less frequent mall crawler than Eddie, here is my slab after about 15 months on the jeep and a few less trips to the mall than i would have liked... maybe I should rethink how much the water retention actually bothers me...

20161119_150002.jpg

Last edited:

sc_rhino

Full width is 68.5 vs stock 65.5

Chamber Pro is 4 BS vs Machete/Slabs 3.5 BS

Liston
Instagram: black_rhino_jk

Top Bottom