Which Dynamax muffler would you recommend for your JK Unlimited???

It all depends... but yes. I had a "drone zone" on my 3.6 on 37's/5.38 at around 57-60ISH.
Once I was out of that area it was quiet, especially if I stayed in ECO mode.
You will hear it when you get on it or pass, so if you are climbing a hill, you will hear it.

Are you guys with JKU's and the 3.6l experiencing any drone at highway or cruising speeds with the Dynomax 39522?

I just bought the muffler from the rock crawler kit on amazon and had it welded in the stock location, part number 17236 Ultra Flow. It sounds great!

I did this as well but took out the resonator and put my muffler there. Saved me about $150 from doing the full kit. Still dumps after the axle.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Can you run it? Yes
But we do not call it out for a 2 door model,only the 4 door models.
The reason being is that on a 2 door there needs to be a 2.5" cut to make the hangers line up.
Is it hard to make this cut? Nope. Test fit it first and then make the cut, ie measure ten times, and cut once.
If you do not make the cut, it dumps near the the e-brake and we don't like that.
That is why we don't call it our for a 2 door.
Thanks!

Thanks! I'm going with your system, I'm just deciding whether I want the short one or not.

big dr

Dynomax,,, I love your product,, But you are selling something that is widely believed to be a performance product,,, DYNO is in your name!!!,, How is it that you have not put a 3.6 on a dyno and published #'s? Did I mention I love my comp exhaust?!!!:thumb:

Sorry to hijack

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Can you run it? Yes
But we do not call it out for a 2 door model,only the 4 door models.
The reason being is that on a 2 door there needs to be a 2.5" cut to make the hangers line up.
Is it hard to make this cut? Nope. Test fit it first and then make the cut, ie measure ten times, and cut once.
If you do not make the cut, it dumps near the the e-brake and we don't like that.
That is why we don't call it our for a 2 door.
Thanks!

Is #39524 the one that fits the 2 door & dumps behind the axle?

CRZRTX

Is there a Dynamax product that offers a 3.6 JKU (2012) increased power/performance while still being quiet? My stock muffler and resonator are both beat up from wheeling. I would like to have a little more power but would prefer not to sound like a tuner civic.

P/N 39524 dumps all the way out back on a 2012- 2 door.
We do not call out P/N 39522 (2012-4 door) for a 2 door application. Can it work? Yep but there is cutting involved.

Is #39524 the one that fits the 2 door & dumps behind the axle?

Look to the VT system, MUCH smaller than stock and quiet at speed.
P/N 38517, we have not dynoed a 2012 and up yet.

Is there a Dynamax product that offers a 3.6 JKU (2012) increased power/performance while still being quiet? My stock muffler and resonator are both beat up from wheeling. I would like to have a little more power but would prefer not to sound like a tuner civic.

shoeless

I received my Dynomax 39522 last Thurs and installed it the same day. I drove it over he weekend and have to say its too loud for me and the drone was annoying. Just not my taste. The quality of the product is very good and extremely cost effective but not for me. I am currently testing their "Noise Guarantee" as I replaced with the Mopar offroad exhaust.

CrazyLarry

im running the dynomax rockkrawler exhaust and think its a little droney as well. Has anyone ever installed the factory resonator in front of the dynomax muffler before?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
im running the dynomax rockkrawler exhaust and think its a little droney as well. Has anyone ever installed the factory resonator in front of the dynomax muffler before?

I run that same exhaust and hear zero drone. When do you hear it?

CrazyLarry

I run that same exhaust and hear zero drone. When do you hear it?

Cruising on the highway at 60+. also at the 2300-3000 rpm range when shifting. I have a 2012 manual with 488s. I still have my resonator so was just thinking of mounting it back in the stock location and attaching the dynomax muffler right behind it with it dumping before the axle. Btw just saw you have a 3.8 engine so it maybe different

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The new motor has it compared to the old motor. I just started noticing it with the new gears. Not a deal breaker though and I still like the exhaust.

Ahh ok didn't know that.

Cruising on the highway at 60+. also at the 2300-3000 rpm range when shifting. I have a 2012 manual with 488s. I still have my resonator so was just thinking of mounting it back in the stock location and attaching the dynomax muffler right behind it with it dumping before the axle. Btw just saw you have a 3.8 engine so it maybe different

Yea as Overlander said its prob just the difference in the motor

Dirt Foot

Had anyone used a stock resonator with a 17263. Is this possible? Will it fit? Is it needed to eliminate any drone? I plan on extending the exhaust over the rear axle and dump out being rear bumper.

Top Bottom