Which Dynamax muffler would you recommend for your JK Unlimited???

Are you a 2 or 4 door?
The over all length of 17263 is 20" so it can work with a little modification.
These two in line will quiet it down and open up the rear.

Had anyone used a stock resonator with a 17263. Is this possible? Will it fit? Is it needed to eliminate any drone? I plan on extending the exhaust over the rear axle and dump out being rear bumper.

JP Girl

I have the RockKrawler as well and there's terrible drone on it, especially around 2,000-2,500 rpm. It's pretty loud- all my neighbors tell me that I wake them up in the morning when I leave for work. Aside from how nicely it's tucked away, I wouldn't put another one back on. Not on a DD anyways. Also, installation was a b!tch. We actually had to end up taking it to a muffler shop to install it because a ton of pipe needed to be cut off and maneuvered to get it to fit.

This system is about a 5 or so out of 10 so a little loud but not over the top.
There is no cutting needed for our systems, unless someone wants to modify our Evolution Competition System for a 2 door.
Sure you got the right P/N? The only reason to cut is if you have a 2 door and ordered a 4 door (or got ) a 4 door system. Or ordered a 2007-11 for a 2012-. These have different mounting points.
Thanks!

I have the RockKrawler as well and there's terrible drone on it, especially around 2,000-2,500 rpm. It's pretty loud- all my neighbors tell me that I wake them up in the morning when I leave for work. Aside from how nicely it's tucked away, I wouldn't put another one back on. Not on a DD anyways. Also, installation was a b!tch. We actually had to end up taking it to a muffler shop to install it because a ton of pipe needed to be cut off and maneuvered to get it to fit.

Dirt Foot

Are you a 2 or 4 door?
The over all length of 17263 is 20" so it can work with a little modification.
These two in line will quiet it down and open up the rear.

I do have a 4 door and thank you for the info. There seems to be mixed emotions about this muffler as far as sound goes. It should be much louder if you dump out before the axle. I'm going to try to fit in the stock resonator with the 17263 and dump out after the axle. Hope this eliminates all drone.

Top Bottom