Which front bearing/hub assembly

jknikos

I did not find anything available when i had to change wheel bearing and i just got a chinese one. With 35s and some wheelin it has over 30000 miles. No play at all just it is a little noisy! I purchased a chinese one, same brand (i dont remember exactly) for the other side, it only made it 6 months. I replaced it with timken and never had any problem! Quality parts are quality parts and timken is one of these.

Sent from my LG-D855 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Replacing my unit bearings in the next week and just curious if one brand is better than the other. Have read that certain brands come with the shorter sensor wiring causing issues on install.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

the Timken has 2 different product numbers for the same hub assembly, the HA590482 has the longer ABS wire

I prefer Orielly's Precision brand, it also has a longer ABS wire but carries a 3yr warranty versus the Timken 1yr and IMO easier to take in for warranty if needed.

I had a Precision hub fail while I was on a trip. I ordered the Timken via Amazon to get delivery to the hotel.

When I got home I took the hubs to Orielly and they offered me a full refund since I had already purchased and installed the Timken- I was in the last month of the warranty period.

They did inform me I could have taken them to any Orielly's and they would have warrantied them the same way.

Beware of buying hubs from Amazon- there are cheap knockoffs with the same names but not necessarily the same company :doh:

I wouldn't buy anything from Rock Auto. luckily what I bought were fairly inexpensive parts but they looked like they had been used. I called and all they did was refer me to their convoluted mess of a website to handle the exchange...I bought what I needed locally.

Top Bottom