Which Game Camera

WJCO

Meme King
Pretty birds. Are you placing any feeders to bring them in?
We've always had a lot of birds even without feeders but haven't ever been able to get good pics prior to these cameras. We do have a corn mix we made that they love, but it's not where these guys are at.

Definitely cool to see. I've seen tracks before but happy to have caught it on camera. And I have to say, it's bigger than I was expecting. Looking at our other clips, I'd say it's bigger than the coyotes in the area LOL
It seems that I need to get one of these trail cams for our house in Pine, Arizona. The place abounds with animals. We have seen everything imaginable (yes, bobcat) except for bear and mountain lion. But we know those are present as well due to ample evidence.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say that I love my Reveal Tactacam but I have had one issue with the Reveal service. I had originally signed up for just 1 month of service being that I wasn't sure we'd have enough cell reception to use it. Once we determined it would work, I clicked on their "change plan type" on my app after the month was up and set it up as an annual plan. Well, after another month went by, I got an email receipt from Reveal and it showed that I was still paying for the monthly plan on top of the new annual plan. Of course, I called them up and the guy I spoke to (in English I might add) agreed that I was being double billed by mistake and let me know that he would be forwarding this issue to the billing department. I later got a follow up email confirming our conversation and that I would either be getting a refund or have the additional monthly fee that was automatically charged, credited to future billing. All in all, not that big of a deal but it is something I may have missed if I weren't looking closely enough.

WJCO

Meme King
So far, my Lithium battery packs need to be charged about once a week. Saturday morning, one was at 50% so I charged it and put it back out Saturday night. This morning it was at 50% again. Unusual, hasn't even been that cold. Turns out it had almost 300 photos on it since Saturday night. I have been getting a ton of critters there. So, this kind of activity definitely takes a toll on the battery life. I'll be hopefully putting a solar panel on this one today.

Screenshot_20240205-071843.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So far, my Lithium battery packs need to be charged about once a week. Saturday morning, one was at 50% so I charged it and put it back out Saturday night. This morning it was at 50% again. Unusual, hasn't even been that cold. Turns out it had almost 300 photos on it since Saturday night. I have been getting a ton of critters there. So, this kind of activity definitely takes a toll on the battery life. I'll be hopefully putting a solar panel on this one today.
That's good to know and hear. I've been using the big Moultrie solar panel and so far, it's been holding up at 100% every time I check.

Top Bottom