Which mod should take priority?

SoCalDozer

Nah, you got what you need. I would go with bumper and a winch then. Regearing is a big cost and one that you should save for until you get up on some bigger meats.

okay thanks for clearing it up, That also brings up another thing that I considered. Selling the 33's and going to 35's now since they are still new and that would counter a big chunk of the upgrade cost to 35's. So many options, but if winch and bumper looks best I will do that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
okay thanks for clearing it up, That also brings up another thing that I considered. Selling the 33's and going to 35's now since they are still new and that would counter a big chunk of the upgrade cost to 35's. So many options, but if winch and bumper looks best I will do that.

Of course, that's always and option - sell your 33's, get a set of 35's and regear. With your cut fenders, this shouldn't be a problem and you may even find that you'll even have enough to install a rear locker.

SoCalDozer

I will post a feeler thread on it when I return home and see if anyone is interested in a set of Dura's.
If I did go that route would you recommend just biting the bullet and doing 17's at the same time?
35x12.5's are still really cheap and I can get 35x12.5 cooper stt's for 190 ea.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I will post a feeler thread on it when I return home and see if anyone is interested in a set of Dura's.
If I did go that route would you recommend just biting the bullet and doing 17's at the same time?
35x12.5's are still really cheap and I can get 35x12.5 cooper stt's for 190 ea.

If it were me, I would, I like 17's but, it isn't necessary especially if you're working on a budget.

1yellowjk

If you go 35's and you have a 6 speed and 3.21's you will HATE rock crawling and your clutch will hate you even more. I speak from first hand experience here.

Get a lunchbox for the front (Aussie, Spartan), change out the ball joints and put a small lift on it, keep the 33's and you will have tons of fun. We wheel with a girl that runs 31's on her sport and no lift and she rocks that thing. You put a locker in the front and you will be VERY suprised at what you can do and the fun that can be had.

I'm telling you if you wheel at all (other than muddin') you will not like that JK once you throw 35's on it and run those gears...the only other option would be to look for a used Rubi x-fer case (good luck w/that).

Here a video of me wheeling on 35's and the gears you have....not pretty! Starts about 1/2...Gecko Jeep.

SoCalDozer

That's a sweet deal on the Cooper's, if you don't mind me asking where did you find that lol?

Cant seem to find the site where they had them for that now, I didnt even think to save the link. The one overlander is talking about is the next cheapest.
Also been looking at BFG km2's for 215 a piece on treaddepot. the sst's are 198.

Top Bottom