Which steering stabilizer would you guys recommend?

FNGsport

Stock Steering stabilizer is fine imo with a good tie rod, track bar, drag link setup dialed in you wouldn't notice a difference up to 40" tires, but I'm a TF fan personally lol

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I recommend the free ones. You know stockers after someone blows their wad on a fancy aftermarket one

Me too. I just picked up a stock stabiliser, tie rod, draglink, track bar and rear swaybar links off a 2016 with a stabiliser flip kit delivered for $200.

Then I promptly bent my draglink the next day [emoji53]

jkjurny

Definitely try to get a cheap OEM one of you can. I couldn't find one, so I did what you're thinking and grabbed a Fox one for $79 to match my shocks.

But if I had a chance to grab a free or <$79 OEM then I would've went that route.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am getting rid of this dual stabilizer setup that came on my rubicon, what would you guys recommend? I was looking at Bilstein to go with my shocks but heard it pushes to the left.

Being that you most likely don't have the OE tie-rod clamp and would be need it to run an OE dampener, I might recommend that you pick up a Rancho stabilizer as it's pretty cheap and comes with a high clearance relocation kit.

JKHunter817

I actually found the OE tie rod clamp off of the new MOOG tie rod I had installed yesterday so I have more options now

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I actually found the OE tie rod clamp off of the new MOOG tie rod I had installed yesterday so I have more options now

Well there you go then. :thumb:

As others have mentioned, no need to spend more money on something that won't do much of anything for you. A 2011-up OE dampener is a great choice and can typically be found for free. If you have to buy one, I still might consider a Rancho if only because it relocates your dampener higher AND is about as affordable as they come.

JKHunter817

Alright I will go and check that out, I really don't like the white is my main thing but if the relocate and performance is good that's first !

Buster3479

I'm ordering a new tie-rod soon, and thinking of going Currie. What clamp will fit the 1-5/8" o.d. tie rod with a stock stabilizer without drilling the stabilizer bushing? The Synergy and Rock Hard one I found appear to require a bushing drill. The last two times I tried to drill it, I melted the rubber before getting all the way through..... I see the Currie one, but was hoping to find a clam shell if possible.

Top Bottom