Why TPMS is the Most Useless Warning Light

Rivertoys

I hope they don't check the TPS system during Ca. smog checks as part of the inspection....

I had a choice to make when buying new wheels & tires, $75x5 for new TPS sensors, or $150 for a module that disables the system..... :thinking:

:brows:

TwtPunk08JK

My light has been on for about 18 months due to a broken sensor, however, when the beadlocks went on the sensors came out. I've heard of people shutting them off with Superchips; however, my Superchip will only allow me to turn it down to 26psi, which defeats the purpose if the sensors aren't present.
Long question short, is there a way to turn the light off with Superchips, or is 26psi the lowest they can go? :confused:

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moochie

My light has been on for about 18 months due to a broken sensor, however, when the beadlocks went on the sensors came out. I've heard of people shutting them off with Superchips; however, my Superchip will only allow me to turn it down to 26psi, which defeats the purpose if the sensors aren't present.
Long question short, is there a way to turn the light off with Superchips, or is 26psi the lowest they can go? :confused:

With a Superchip you should be able to set the pressure to 0. You probably need to update your programmer by plugging it into your computer and going to their web site. At the least, contact them for help.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
With a Superchip you should be able to set the pressure to 0. You probably need to update your programmer by plugging it into your computer and going to their web site. At the least, contact them for help.

Yup. I don't have the superchips but I set my tire pressure to 0 and took out the sensors.

Moochie

Yup. I don't have the superchips but I set my tire pressure to 0 and took out the sensors.

It must depend on the year. On a 2008 there is no way to adjust your pressure unless you find a dealership that is willing to do it for you for a fee (they won't usually go below 28 for liability reasons) or you have to use a programmer.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It must depend on the year. On a 2008 there is no way to adjust your pressure unless you find a dealership that is willing to do it for you for a fee (they won't usually go below 28 for liability reasons) or you have to use a programmer.

Oh yeah I have the procal. Forgot to mention that. :yup:

TwtPunk08JK

That explains it. I have a 2008. I've dealt with the light for 18 months, I'll continue to deal with it.

Moochie

That explains it. I have a 2008. I've dealt with the light for 18 months, I'll continue to deal with it.

A Superchip will do it. That's what I use. Your software probably needs to be updated. Contact them.

1. Turn jeep on
2. Set to 4hi
3. Set parking brake
4. Make sure steering wheel is centered
5. Turn wheel to the right, 180 degrees, JEEP logo should be upside down at this point - hold ESP off button for 7 seconds, you may hear a chime at 5 seconds(and ESP OFF may show up on the speedo), but keep holding for 7 seconds!!!!
6. Turn wheel back to center then left 180 degrees, JEEP logo should be upside down at this point - hold ESP off button for 7 seconds, again, hold for 7 seconds!!!
7. Turn back to center, and hold ESP for 7 seconds.
8. Turn Jeep off

Hope this helps.;) Full disclosure, I didn't do this myself. Just found the instructions. Good luck.

i did this and its awesome!!:thumb: i mean if you want it on for city driving or whatever then don't do it but i am used to older trucks that don't have all the fancy traction aids my jeep has, hell i even did the override to turn off all the traction aids and my jeep is like a whole new monster in the dirt and mud. best mod yet.
safety disclosure, blah blah blah, these are my experiences and perform mods at your own risk, blah blah, blah:blahblah:

oh yea and ProCal = :wings:

Last edited:

Dman

Kinda makes one wonder how did we ever get along all these years without that light? Jeep, how about trading the TPMS for a locking gas cap?:thinking:

Since there is no "thumbs up" button I had to comment! Someone needs to grab the engineers and shout this at them! :shock:

munstie

A Superchip will do it. That's what I use. Your software probably needs to be updated. Contact them.

Superchips will let you shut them off but you do have to load the offroad program to do it..

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Top Bottom