Wild Wild West : 2013 JK-Experience Mega Thread

ttfhell

So just getting to take a serious look at my jeep and most of the factory cage bolts were loose and maybe a third of the rock hard cage. My ebrake cable broke the zip tie for the third time and has a little character. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379270009.039857.jpg
While replacing a sway bar bolt and grinding a slight lip on my diff cover smooth I noticed this on the other side. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379270030.700378.jpg
Probably not important.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Yes passenger rear. Stock.

Looks to be showing some rust on the break? Maybe it's been ready to go. Seems to be how JKX is. If some something is ready, the JKX with shake everything down. Brake lines, coilovers, control arms, cages, and a couple antelope. All part of this years annual sacrifice.

ttfhell

Are you going long arm? If not, I think I might have a spare factory arm.

Thanks for the offer! Not yet on the long arm. PSC and high steer first. Got tired of Mel telling me to go left and not being able to turn lol. I'm going to ORE tomorrow for stiffer rear coils. Fully loaded with gear top doors etc on the fast stuff had me in the bumps a lot. Even after 16 turns on the coilovers. Cracked both rear jounces pretty good and sheared a sway bar link bolt. Paid a price for trying to keep up with the double throw downs boys. And Eddie as a matter of fact.

rubicrawl

Thanks for the offer! Not yet on the long arm. PSC and high steer first. Got tired of Mel telling me to go left and not being able to turn lol. I'm going to ORE tomorrow for stiffer rear coils. Fully loaded with gear top doors etc on the fast stuff had me in the bumps a lot. Even after 16 turns on the coilovers. Cracked both rear jounces pretty good and sheared a sway bar link bolt. Paid a price for trying to keep up with the double throw downs boys. And Eddie as a matter of fact.

How is that psc steering for an everyday drive? Does the steering get really hard?

MTG

Caught the Bug

Speed kills. I would think ORE will have a take-off for you. If not, let me know and I can ship mine to you if its the right length.

Steering assist is going to be my next upgrade too. But I can't decide if I want 60s or a PR44 and the ram is different. :grayno:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While replacing a sway bar bolt and grinding a slight lip on my diff cover smooth I noticed this on the other side. View attachment 49127
Probably not important.

Those speed bumps at the mall can be a bitch :crazyeyes: :D
Nice job :clap2:

:cheesy: What's all this talk about trying to keep up with me? I drive nice and slow :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Speed kills.

What's funny is when I hear guys talk about how they "wheel the piss out of their Jeep" and never break anything. Wheeling on the rocks don't break near as much stuff as driving hard and fast in the desert - something we did A LOT of during the JKX.

ttfhell

Those speed bumps at the mall can be a bitch :crazyeyes: :D
Nice job :clap2:

:cheesy: What's all this talk about trying to keep up with me? I drive nice and slow :crazyeyes:

I think it broke on the old sluice right before the last bypass at the bottom. That's when I was on the pinch seam all the rest of the day.

Some drove much slower. Just saying'

MTG

Caught the Bug
What's funny is when I hear guys talk about how they "wheel the piss out of their Jeep" and never break anything. Wheeling on the rocks don't break near as much stuff as driving hard and fast in the desert - something we did A LOT of during the JKX.

I think I had more issues with 2 days at KOH than I have in 2 years of wheeling eleswhere. And we weren't even wheeling at KOH...just watching a race!! :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think it broke on the old sluice right before the last bypass at the bottom. That's when I was on the pinch seam all the rest of the day.

Some drove much slower. Just saying'

All I can say is that I was just trying to keep up with EVO 1 :idontknow:

BTW, glad you made the pass on the slower traffic as now we have some footage of a JK on our rear GoPro ;) :D

I think I had more issues with 2 days at KOH than I have in 2 years of wheeling eleswhere. And we weren't even wheeling at KOH...just watching a race!! :cheesy:

:clap2:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Yep, just found my front lower control arm mount is starting to rip off. Along with some other bent and twisted parts..

Top Bottom