Winch Cover

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
If you're using the cover for sun protection, why not just leave it since it's doing its job of protecting the winch. I have the same winch and cover. My Jeep is outside a lot and the cover hasn't faded at all hardly. However, I only use the cover in the Winter, but we still get quite a bit of sun here in CO. That Aerospace 303 stuff I've heard works well to protect vinyl/plastic.

But, there's always this option too:

Hahahaha I like that a lot Haha man great idea rough country

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jpone

I found a leather...probably fake leather, one on Amazon. Search winch cover by El Jefe. I'm going to get one when I get a winch. Only $20.

I got this one ^^^^^. Super cheap and fits fine. Hasn't faded over the last few months, but if and when it does, it's cheap enough to swap out if you want. Just hide the dumb looking El Jefe logo!

Bustedback

I find the most least expensive ones I can on Amazon and just let them fade. Plus the city I live in is so crazy with crime these days, if I lose a thirteen dollar cover it’s not a huge deal.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

I-Eat-Mud

I've never used a cover. I just lube my cable a couple times a year when I let the winch cable out to be all OCD about how nicely its spooled. Is there any benefit to it, if i'm a cheap ass and use steel cable? Or just mostly for the synthetic rope?

Jsouder53

Hooked
I've never used a cover. I just lube my cable a couple times a year when I let the winch cable out to be all OCD about how nicely its spooled. Is there any benefit to it, if i'm a cheap ass and use steel cable? Or just mostly for the synthetic rope?

It’s mostly for synthetic rope since it is sensitive to uv rays and it keeps it clean from any road grit/grime

Sahara_Maverick

Why not try this.

View attachment 298393

Cool! Never heard of this one.

In my case it's the winch cover, hi-lift jack and roller cage pads that have been taking a beating from the Sun.

I use the 303 Protectant but it only seems to work on the soft top material, which still looks as new (except for some stains that built up over the years of trail rides).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Manny2025

I've been looking for a week now for a good cover. I finally just ordered the El Jefe one on Amazon. I'll provide a review once I get it, my winch and bumper installed.

Top Bottom