Winch HELP!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie I have no issues with you supporting what ever product you have or like. It's when you have to make those subtle little jabs at people that make a comment about their products if they meet your standards. You did not mention my name yet you just happen to mentioned the PSC bumper and the fact that I just happen to have a rigid light on my bumper seems like a coincidence.

:cheesy: LOL!! Actually, believe what you want but it really was just a coincidence. I was stereotyping guys like you but it just goes to show how right I am. It's just so typical of guys like you to spend top dollar on cosmetic or trendy parts but cheap out on something as important as a winch.

Your right my "self-professed needs" are exactly that my needs. My winch has worked for me every time, except the time that I failed to tighten the ground strap.

Ummm, since you seemed to have missed it, I NEVER said anything to the contrary. Clearly, your Smittybilt winch has worked for you except the one time you say you failed to tighten a ground strap. :naw:

Your are 100% right Smittybilt winches have failed but so have Warn winches. My sons Warn has shit the bed twice, he has since purchased another one and it seems fine (only used once so far).

For the love of god, really?? Are you really going to play stupid now even after we've had this discussion before?? Because you're too much of a coward to say it or have some kind of misguided agenda to admit it, your son's WARN winch was a VR series that is made in China (what a surprise) and they are NO BETTER than a Smittybilt. :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, not a single bad review on Amazon though 

:cheesy: Totally missed this but that is damn funny right there :clap2:

And actually just proves the point that the Chinese winches are hit and miss due to quality control! Haha

And really, that's the only point I've been making all along. You just cannot get the kind of quality control with Chinese made products that you can with American made ones. When it comes to a piece of safety equipment, do you really want to spend your money on something that "may" work when you really need it?

SFNick

Like we say in skydiving "there are things you "price shop" and things you don't". :cheesy: sometimes there is a reason things cost more.

I’ve never been skydiving, but I have zoomed in on Google Earth really fast. I can see the need for a quality product!:brows::daydream:

ChrisMR589

So what does everyone think about the Zeon series? I was going to shoot for the ZEON 10, wire rope. Warn has an up to $150 rebate starting March 1st through April 30.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So what does everyone think about the Zeon series? I was going to shoot for the ZEON 10, wire rope. Warn has an up to $150 rebate starting March 1st through April 30.

There are some really nice improvements that have been made with the Zeon series winches that I like especially in regards to how easy they are to spool out. Being that it's made by WARN and in the USA, I wouldn't hesitate to get one but I'd be lying if I said I knew how well they will work in the long haul. Fact of the matter is, they're just too new for any honest long term review.

chipper

There are some really nice improvements that have been made with the Zeon series winches that I like especially in regards to how easy they are to spool out. Being that it's made by WARN and in the USA, I wouldn't hesitate to get one but I'd be lying if I said I knew how well they will work in the long haul. Fact of the matter is, they're just too new for any honest long term review.

So if one couldn't afford a warn powerplant what is a model by warn that you would suggest?

Hot94Z28

I see some use a power plant and have air lockers what's the benefit to having a power plant and a ARB air compressor and not use just that?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So if one couldn't afford a warn powerplant what is a model by warn that you would suggest?

LOL!! Like I said, I wouldn't hesitate to get a Zeon. But, if you were looking for something that's tried and true, I would recommend anything in the WARN Ultimate or Premium series line up. Maybe something like a 9.5 Cti.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I see some use a power plant and have air lockers what's the benefit to having a power plant and a ARB air compressor and not use just that?

I have both being that I run ARB air lockers and can tell you that the PowerPlant compressor is still a lot faster at airing up big tires.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have both being that I run ARB air lockers and can tell you that the PowerPlant compressor is still a lot faster at airing up big tires.

I think we both have had our power plants the longest out of anyone I know. I had mine on my first jk in December of 2006 or it was January 2007. It was one of the first 4WD had stock of.

It's never let me down, even saved my life once. It worth more than I can put a price on.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

You can get the small Arb to just run the lockers and the powerplant to fill tires and winch.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think we both have had our power plants the longest out of anyone I know. I had mine on my first jk in December of 2006 or it was January 2007. It was one of the first 4WD had stock of.

It's never let me down, even saved my life once. It worth more than I can put a price on.

Yup, got one for Moby back in Jan 2007. Anyone who known us since that time or has seen our videos will know just how much we've used it. Still doing it's job just as I would expect. Can't say the same about some of the other winches we've run in the past.

You can get the small Arb to just run the lockers and the powerplant to fill tires and winch.

Yup, this is what we have on both Moby and Rubicat.

Top Bottom