Windshield note

TrailHunter

Hooked
I don't know why, but I love seeing greenie Prius owners pissed off, lol. One day in Boulder (superliberalville) there were no parking spots remaining and I was in my old f350 diesel supercrew longbed. Only spot left was an "alternative fuel vehicle" parking spot. I thought my diesel was good enough to meet that criteria, so after a 20 point turn, I took the spot. Luckily nothing ever came of it, but my wife and I both thought that we would come out of the store and truck would have broken windows or blood on it, lol.

There has been many of times that I’ve stabbed the throttle in my diesel to make a pass or at the on ramp.... and the prius (or the like) behind me gets smoked out.... it gives me a laugh.

jesse3638

Hooked
They may have been the Knights That Say Nicht...
Haha glad I wasn't the only one who immediately thought of that.

In my old pick up I did find it easier to back in on many occasions where parking was tight. Big mirrors, and back up sensors made it a piece of cake.

It becomes habit with my job for some as well. It bothers the fuck out of me when I see my coworkers all backed in. I purposely will park a work pick-up nose in. We're taught it's for a quick get away if we get a call. If the 7.5. seconds it takes me to back out means the difference between the cat fallng out of the tree or properly carrying, and setting up a ladder, climbing up to get it, getting the shit scratched out of you, it deserved to fall. Besides the damn things always land on their feet.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've always reversed into my parking spot, in my JK, Civic, pickup, didn't matter. At work we are taught reverse parking, and required to park corporate vehicles as such.

Seems the the school of thought is it's safer to do so.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I don’t know about you guys, but I always back in. I can’t see shit out of the back of the jeep even with a back up camera and I’m scared to death of running over a small kid in a parking lot. I know when I’m about to back into a space that I’ve already checked the area out as I pull up and when I leave, I’ve got a clear view. People still stare when I do, but it’s a hell of a lot safer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I don’t know about you guys, but I always back in. I can’t see shit out of the back of the jeep

This, I always back in for the same reason, can't see shit out my back window. If kids are stupid enough to snort condoms and eat tide pods they don't stand a chance with a vehicle in reverse coming at em.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
I don’t know about you guys, but I always back in. I can’t see shit out of the back of the jeep even with a back up camera and I’m scared to death of running over a small kid in a parking lot. I know when I’m about to back into a space that I’ve already checked the area out as I pull up and when I leave, I’ve got a clear view.

There is always more than one consideration at play. This safety issue...hitting ‘something’...has also been a reinforcement for backing the Jeep in even more than other vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom