Wines of the Week

longarmwj

I wasnt trying to be sarcastic...the two main red grape varietials that come to mind when talking about Spanish wines are Tempranillo & Garnacha...however, like Italy, some vintners have been experimenting and planting merlot...mostly used in Bordeaux style blends...and I've never tasted or seen a Spanish wine that is primarily merlot...

Very interesting. Might have to go up there and buy a second bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
Here's the bottle I dumped out tonight... corky.

2015 Deaver Ten Zin

wine.jpg

I guess it's a good thing I had something else to replace it.

JAGS

Hooked
I'm heading to Argentina in a week...we were trying to get Chile in as well, but couldn't swing it time wise...I love red wines from these countries...

Malbec fan? I still gravitate toward a solid Zin, but love a good Malbec. Someday the wife and I will be able to travel the world and drink wine. Enjoy your trip. [emoji485][emoji485][emoji106]

Brute

Hooked
Malbec fan? I still gravitate toward a solid Zin, but love a good Malbec. Someday the wife and I will be able to travel the world and drink wine. Enjoy your trip. [emoji485][emoji485][emoji106]

There will be no shortage of Malbec where I'm going... or Cabs for that matter. Looking forward to drinking unfamiliar wines...

Brute

Hooked
One of my favorite CA pinot's...especially from the Russian River Valley

Attachments

• IMG_3873.jpg
    IMG_3873.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 30

longarmwj

Cross posting because it fits two categories. Enjoying a Perdomo Estate Seleccion and, ready for this? A glass of 1934 Haut Brion Bordeaux from a bottle that was found in Eagle’s Nest. Aka a glass of wine that was in Hitlers personal collection from countries and regions he invaded. For those interested here is some history on the Eagles Nest invasion:

https://onthewineroad.us/the-race-to-drink-hitlers-wine/

IMG_7116.jpg

It came at a price...but well worth it.

Brute, I thought of you while consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom