Wines of the Week

Having a veal shank ragu with pasta tonight...pulled out a nice Brunello to go with it...

Attachments

• IMG_3772.jpg
    IMG_3772.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 51
I'm not really much of a wine drinker. I've had this in the back of the liquor cabinet for a lot of years, brought it home from a trip to visit a buddy in Arkansas in the mid 90s. I remember touring this winery. As I recall they said this wine was fortified with brandy. I liked the label.

Not bad, over all pretty sweet and earthy reminiscent of a tawny port. Still get the job done.

20190121_165558.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm not really much of a wine drinker. I've had this in the back of the liquor cabinet for a lot of years, brought it home from a trip to visit a buddy in Arkansas in the mid 90s. I remember touring this winery. As I recall they said this wine was fortified with brandy. I liked the label.

Not bad, over all pretty sweet and earthy reminiscent of a tawny port. Still get the job done.

View attachment 319416

That looks like the kinda wine that I'd buy. 😂

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

View attachment 319416

That's amazing...had no idea there was Arkansas fortified wine...

I was rooting around our wine storage and found a gem...I thought they were all gone...last bottle of Chateau Montrose, possibly my favorite Bordeaux. The red headed stepchild to the famed 5 First Growth Bordeaux's from the Left Bank, this 2nd Growth is a fabulous wine...and it was spectacular...

Attachments

• IMG_3779.jpg
    IMG_3779.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 45
I was rooting around our wine storage and found a gem...I thought they were all gone...last bottle of Chateau Montrose, possibly my favorite Bordeaux. The red headed stepchild to the famed 5 First Growth Bordeaux's from the Left Bank, this 2nd Growth is a fabulous wine...and it was spectacular...

Wholly hell, that’s some shit for a Tuesday.

I’m sitting here sipping this walla walla cab feeling like a bum now. Lol. Cheers all the same. [emoji485]

IMG_6368.jpg

Nice find! I bet you might have a few other gems lurking in your collection!

Top Bottom