Winter Is Coming

Brute

Hooked
Holy Effing Shite!!!!

When they said it was the greatest battle scene ever put on film, they were not kidding...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea last night was an emotional roller coaster of “they can win this!” back to “ah shit they are fucked”

Exodus 4x4

Both were unreal, but Saving Private Ryan’s epic battle scene lasted for 20 minutes of brutal insanity. GOT’s lasted an hour and a half with an ending no one saw coming.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I took that into consideration as well, but I still think SPR was more intense. Probably due to realism. I also get put off by the fact they have fire breathing dragons that could pretty much just end the battle in about 5 minutes but instead choose to send the cav into imminent death. Definitely like the twist at the end. Now they just need to find a few tens of thousands of soldiers not doing shit so they can replace their army.

Brute

Hooked
I took that into consideration as well, but I still think SPR was more intense. Probably due to realism. I also get put off by the fact they have fire breathing dragons that could pretty much just end the battle in about 5 minutes but instead choose to send the cav into imminent death. Definitely like the twist at the end. Now they just need to find a few tens of thousands of soldiers not doing shit so they can replace their army.

Saving Private Ryan is my all time favorite movie...and the opening scene on Omaha Beach at D Day was the most intense and realistic battle scene ever done...but the sheer scope, length and utter hopelessness of the Battle of Winterfell still makes it the GOAT...

JK_0311

I think the writers took some liberties with the fact that the books aren’t even complete, allowing them make up the story, for the most part, after the 6th season. In the books there isn’t even a main villain like the Night King. Kind of bland, in terms of GofT, to simply defeat the Night King and move to the end fight with Cersie. Should of been something more.

Plus just poor tactics on the battle field. You lead with arty and hold the line, then flank with your mounted. This, and battle of the bastards, leave me to believe Jon is shit at battle field commanding.

Exodus 4x4

Plus just poor tactics on the battle field. You lead with arty and hold the line, then flank with your mounted. This, and battle of the bastards, leave me to believe Jon is shit at battle field commanding.

lol, Snow is out there flying around like a butter bar. I agree with the critique of their battlefield tactic, but it’s not like the writers were interested in that aspect.

Brute

Hooked
lol, Snow is out there flying around like a butter bar. I agree with the critique of their battlefield tactic, but it’s not like the writers were interested in that aspect.

Exactly...this is entertainment, after all...I could point out historical battlefield blunders made by real generals & admirals ad nauseam...

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
So was the blue flame fire or some kind of Godzirra freeze ray? I only ask cuz I thought it would have been a decent time to find out if Snow was in fact dragonborn

Top Bottom