Worst mod you have installed and regretted.

chitown35

LOSER
For me it was exhaust spacers.

Such a pain in the ass to get on. Then when I finally did, ended up needing even more skid spacers than expected lowering my belly clearance. Plus, they didn't even provide enough space if my shocks were fully extended.

At least they were only $50 and I got them off quick. Yay, AFE Y-Pipe! So much better in every way.

Dubaibentzen

For me the worst was the RIPP Supercharger on my 09 JKU. The intercooler was blocking the airflow to the radiator, so it was constantly overheating while offroading in the Dubai dessert. Plus all the times the belt broke, leaving me with a crippled car... Definitely go V8 if in need of more power next time.

jkwebbie

Teraflex sway bat quick disconnects....total shit. Just about impossible to get on and off even when I grease the hell out of the bushings

turbineguy

I replaced my BDS lift with a Metal Cloak lift to be one of the cool kids and BDS wasn't considered cool. My ride quality went down. I wish I had that BDS back. It was such a good ride.

Any mod that i settled for early on just to save some money was shit. Rough country anything, rugged ridge bumper, etc...

xxJWPxx

I did a Trail Master 3.5" lift on my two door to save money and just get lifted. It looked ok, but performance was definitely lacking and rode stiff as a board. I was fairly new to Jeeping and didn't do my research.

kpig

Metalcloak game changer kit.

6 pak shocks. First set locked up. Second set became inconsistent from shock to shock within 4-6 months.

Metalcloak trackbar bushing malfunction causing metal on metal inside the axle side mount.

Waste of money IMHO.

DKjeep

Mine was definitely a cheapo 50" ebay lightbar. This was when they cheap ones FIRST hit the market and weren't on every jeep that comes off the line. It was like $250 + $120 for brackets. I took it off less than a week later and sold it, I barely broke even on it. The other item that I hated was a pair of tatton 1310 driveshafts. The front was such a miserable POS that after I trouble shot it to death I finally took it to a reputable driveshaft shop that showed me what a terrible job they did building it. Other than that I cant say that I have been dissapointed with anything that I have bought even if I upgraded it later. I had a TF 2.5" budget boost for 5 years that when I upgraded my lift I sold for over half what I paid. It served its purpose and I dont have anything bad to say about it. My taste have changed and I have changed out parts accordingly but nothing that was really wrong with them.

deezus

I paid $289 for some deviate rear fender liners which are just sitting in garage. Was not going to blindly drill a hole near my gas line lol

deezus

Metalcloak game changer kit.

6 pak shocks. First set locked up. Second set became inconsistent from shock to shock within 4-6 months.

Metalcloak trackbar bushing malfunction causing metal on metal inside the axle side mount.

Waste of money IMHO.

Putting on 35's and 3 weeks later took them off and put on 37's.
Putting on a cold intake filter and 2 weeks later ripping it off and putting on a Ripp SC
Putting on SB bumpers and looking at it and returning them and putting on PS bumpers
Putting on a short arm kit and 4 weeks later putting on a LA
Putting on a SB winch and later swapping it for a Warn
Putting on coil lift with fox shocks and now swapping it out for King shock coilovers
Oh and the list goes on......... and costly choices and changes...
Got a garage full of goodies...... ;)

Lmfao haha

OJK12

Mine would have to be the Trail Dash I bought for my 2012. It looked so cool sitting on the dash with all those gizmos. Bought it for the crawl tune since mine was a stick and they claimed how it would help you off-road, lmfao!!! It made it so much worse!! Took forever to load then once it did while I was trying to climb up a rock I had the pedal to the floor and it didn't have enough power to climb it. I have no idea what that tune is for but the whole thing was a waste really I would never recommend it to anyone. A simple flashcal or procal is all you need.

Rottenbelly

Jeez, where to start.
My first lift was a 4 inch RC. Coils sagged , dual steering stabilizers where always getting hit on stuff. Broke a weld on one of them.

Rancho control arms, blew out this bushing on there very first offroad trip.

Tatton driveshaft. Never could get the vibes out of it. Even with a rebalance and proper pinion angle.

Early style jks trackbar, had way to much flex.

Running 5:38 gears in my dana 30. Like waiting for a grenade to explode at any moment. But it got me thru till I saved up for a PR44.
And yes, Richmond gear made the 5:38's for a limited time for the 30.

Top Bottom