Worst mod you have installed and regretted.

captaintexas

Mine was the Frontrunner tailgate table. I got it just as it came out and was new.

When time came to install, there was no real template available and so I had to drill into my tailgate blind. Turns out the tolerances for the table to clear things like the side mounted subwoofer and for the cutting table to even be open are extremely tight. I now have 4 holes in my tailgate just sitting there doing nothing.

I sent it back and they told me that I could not get a full refund because there was "Signs of installation". Didn't care, just wanted that thing out of my life, now wanting a trailgater to replace it.

Gotta love bolt-on. :bleh:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I read somewhere that if you tilt it down a couple degrees, the whistle goes away. False?

Won't that defeat the purpose of aiming the bro-bar? My brother has a white curved one on his tacoma and it looks terrible. He's in Maui, so I can't bitch that much.... It was sure agonizing drilling nutserts into the a-pillar of a nice nearly-new truck.

Leasing my first JK and then spending a ton of money modding it. Thankfully I found a dealership who was willing to swap over a lot of the parts.

scrota76

Daystar switch panel for a 2014 JKU that goes in front of the gear shifter. Hooked up lights and an air compressor, looked good. Then it got hot outside, over 100 degrees. The plastic got soft, warped, and would no longer stay in place. Tossed it and upgraded to the S-Pod. I know people think the S-Pod is a waste of money, but it made my life so much easier.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Daystar switch panel for a 2014 JKU that goes in front of the gear shifter. Hooked up lights and an air compressor, looked good. Then it got hot outside, over 100 degrees. The plastic got soft, warped, and would no longer stay in place. Tossed it and upgraded to the S-Pod. I know people think the S-Pod is a waste of money, but it made my life so much easier.

Never said that sPod was a "waste of money", just that the owner of the company is dishonest and has no integrity. There is a difference and for some of us, things like character still matter and are more important than buying something that "makes your life so much easier" especially when there are better options like Painless and SwitchPros out there.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15125-sPOD-Honesty-Integrity-and-the-Lack-Thereof

WJCO

Meme King

Spod, huh? Glad your purchase from a sleazeball company at least worked out for the Jeep. Thanks for the update.

Rubicon310

Eddie posted it. Post 110. Really shady what they did.

That was an interesting read. Very shady on spods behalf. Call me old school but I agree with Eddie 100% on this. The worst part about it was that spod didn't acknowledge what he did and spun the story to make it seem like he's not the asshole that pulled a fast one on jk forum.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

shortyokc

My worst mod was buying a dealer modified jeep, I mainly did this so I had no warranty claim issues. Later I know I paid more for junk and was nothing but issues from a cheap procomp lift, crap out of round fuel mt tires that wouldn't balance and a few other items. Almost 3 years later and I have come a long way. Nothing the dealer installed is left on the jeep and sold it all to recoup money. Thanks to the help and recommendations from guys on this forum I have the jeep I wanted and no more issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

DoYouEvenJeep

Getting my tires balanced with beads instead of proper weights. The tire shop said they could not balance the 35" KM2s on my 16" Pro Comp 52 series wheels, and had to use beads. Should've taken them elsewhere because they are are very wobbly at 65+ MPH. :grayno:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Getting my tires balanced with beads instead of proper weights. The tire shop said they could not balance the 35" KM2s on my 16" Pro Comp 52 series wheels, and had to use beads. Should've taken them elsewhere because they are are very wobbly at 65+ MPH. :grayno:

I just don't get the whole bead thing. So lame that a shop talked you into them too.

Top Bottom