AMC Pacer
amc_pacer_dl_79_05-880x576.jpg
AMC Gremlin
1973_amc_gremlin-pic-39291.jpg
Ford Pinto
Bluepinto.jpg
Ford Mustang II
Mustang II.jpg

Yes I am old enough to have ridden in these cars new!

R/
Will

JeepFan

Hooked
Ladies and Gentlemen.......I give you.........The 1977 American Motors Matador Barcelona

Front 3/4
View attachment 83922

Well for me it is a toss up between these four

AMC Gremlin
View attachment 83943

R/
Will

In all fairness, while these cars were not all that appealing to the eye, I would argue that they are not the worst vehicles ever made. :thinking:

You could run those old Matador's to the ground and they wouldn't stop running...Heck, the AMC Police cars of the early '70's kicked ass. :yup:

The AMC Gremlin X's with a 304 under the hood did great beating many GM and Ford products...

To me, the worst cars ever built would be those vehicles that were junk right off the assembly line...

Case in point...Take a classic Oldsmobile of the late '70's and early '80's...great car, great looks, reasonable reliability; GM sold boat loads of them (Best selling car of the time.). Then the bean counters at GM had a great idea...Let's convert the Olds 350 Cubic inch gas motor into a diesel and put it in our cars. Result: One of the worst cars EVER built! :thumb:

1979OldsmobileCutlassCalaisDiesel.jpg
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais Diesel

Last edited:

Boji

reliant-robin-06.jpg vlcsnap-00008.jpg

Reliant Robin. My old neighbor back in the UK used to own one and they really were a complete POS

Boji

Somebody been watching top gear? I would have to argue that while it may not be the best car its comedic value is very redeeming.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quality top gear episode. Give me a chance to sit behind the wheel and I'd more than likely drive the same way:driving:

Abattoir

Pontiac-fiero-showroom-poster-1984.jpg

But then again most things pontiac would count.

A friend of mine had one of these here in Phoenix... the plastic doors expanded in the heat and she was locked out of her car. Bad planning on their part.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
PT Cruiser.

Funny thing about the PT cruiser is that there was a waiting period to get one when they first came out. When my wife's uncle got his, someone offered him $5,000 more than he paid for it. :crazyeyes:

MistyCherie

I almost had a Ford Pinto to drive as a young teen. Same baby blue color too! Thankfully it was short lived and I learned how to drive on an S-10 instead.

My ex had a Toyota Corolla FX (1988) when I met him, his mom bought it new and it was handed down to his older brother and then him. It finally gave up the ghost in 2004. It was hideous but ran for a very long time, which was a source of angst for him as he really wanted it to die to justify buying something new.

Well for me it is a toss up between these four

Ford Pinto
View attachment 83945

R/
Will

Last edited:

Jersey_Devil

The DeLorean wagon..... Possibly the reason the father of the Goat (Pontiac GTO) went bankrupt

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400545458558.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400545458558.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 171

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The DeLorean wagon..... Possibly the reason the father of the Goat (Pontiac GTO) went bankrupt

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Hey, at least with this, Marty could've taken more passengers than Capernicus with him back to the future!

Top Bottom