Would You Still Want a Jeep Wrangler Truck IF...

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Okay...I own a Brute, and love it; however, with 139" wheelbase to accommodate 4 doors and a 5' bed, it's too long for tight trails and the break over angle is not great for climbing rocks...where it excels is steep & long hill ascents & descents, and off camber situations. It is great for camping & overlanding, and can carry a ton of gear...

I'm in the process of building a JK-6 with 110" wheelbase...and I like the fact that it is a 2-door with a small space behind the seats...sometimes less people in the vehicle is a good thing!

And every time I see pictures of your Brute I'm jealous! I think for most trails, dirt roads, exploring etc something like the Brute would be perfect. I'd love to have a Granite Crystal Brute but AEV quoted me a price of 30 grand JUST for the truck conversion with no package (suspension, bumpers, all that stuff). Damn that's a lot!

RoughRider

Okay...I own a Brute, and love it; however, with 139" wheelbase to accommodate 4 doors and a 5' bed, it's too long for tight trails and the break over angle is not great for climbing rocks...where it excels is steep & long hill ascents & descents, and off camber situations. It is great for camping & overlanding, and can carry a ton of gear...

I'm in the process of building a JK-6 with 110" wheelbase...and I like the fact that it is a 2-door with a small space behind the seats...sometimes less people in the vehicle is a good thing!

Post up some pics of your brute

JeepFan

Hooked
I have wanted another Jeep truck ever since I sold my 1977 J10! It's been almost 25 years since Jeep produced a truck and now I find myself wanting one again...built on the JK or JL platform I say YES! :yup:

devwil68

I'd just kill for a 4-door resembling the brute and through in the 5.7 and EcoDiesel as optional engine choices...this think is a cash cow for FCA.

Just think of all the JKs that people may offload to get into something more practical for the individuals who stick to the very mild trails and don't need the 37s and coilovers etc....but I couldn't imagine building one Any differently, I bet they will ride like a dream compared to the JKs with some extra wheelbase!!!! I want one now!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
View attachment 182075 Post up some pics of your brute
[/QUOTE]

I know its far fetched, but this is what I am hoping for out of Jeep for a production truck. An actual truck with the function of a truck, the looks of a Jeep and some of the off-road prowess that the Jeep brand comes with. I'm not looking to do JKX type stuff with it, but off road trails, exploring and be able to tow and have a functional truck bed would be perfect IMO. If it is similar to this, I will be getting one. Otherwise, Ill be with my JKU forever. I'm too close to retirement and no payments to keep switching!

Oh, and by the way.. Once again, your Brute is nothing short of Bad Ass! :thumb::yup: Hear that Jeep? :mad:

Brute

Hooked
I have no personal or direct knowledge of the veracity of the link below. But, a Jeep pickup, with a 700hp Hellcat powerplant (although it's suggested to be for the Cherokee)???

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016...-powered-grand-cherokee-in-works/?intcmp=hpff

I'm building a JK-6 with a 707hp Hellcat 6.2 supercharged hemi as we speak; Dakota Customs is in the process of chopping up a JKU to do the body conversion 1st, then swap engines and a built W5A580 SRT trans 5sp auto from Southern Hot Rod in Louisiana...when they are done, I'm driving it to WA to have my local shop buds at Mule Expedition in Issaquah to install the suspension, axles, bumpers, etc...the frame will be shortened to 110" wheelbase from 116"

Perhaps I should put it on a new build thread?...

swampdog

I'm building a JK-6 with a 707hp Hellcat 6.2 supercharged hemi as we speak; Dakota Customs is in the process of chopping up a JKU to do the body conversion 1st, then swap engines and a built W5A580 SRT trans 5sp auto from Southern Hot Rod in Louisiana...when they are done, I'm driving it to WA to have my local shop buds at Mule Expedition in Issaquah to install the suspension, axles, bumpers, etc...the frame will be shortened to 110" wheelbase from 116"

Perhaps I should put it on a new build thread?...

Is that even a question? Just reading your post sent me from 6 to 12. Need pictures as well.

Top Bottom