WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

lembowski

Maybe I'm seeing things or it is just the angle of the photos, but ImpactDoc's photos make it look like his compressor sits almost on the frame whereas Eddie's photos makes it look like the compressor is about a couple inches higher off of the frame. :thinking:

You can loosen the 2 allen heads in the blue barre to slide the compressor up. It’s easier to reach the top middle mount bolt with the compressor slide down. After that I pushed it all the way up and tightened the Allen bolts to create as much separation between body/frame.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not promoting a product or another forum, just wiring instructions on what helped me with my install of a product I bought from you. Thought it may help others....let me know if I need to edit the post to remove any painful topics. Sorry I haven’t had the opportunity to view all threads on the forum to see who everyone hates. I’ll add SPOD to the list with the Yeti thread I read.

Unless it's somehow absolutely necessary to make a note about "other forums", I'd be grateful if you could just leave that bit of info out. I think you can still be of significant help to others without it. As far as Spod goes, there's no need to apologize for anything. I just wanted to make a note of it so that others who aren't aware of what transpired here will be informed of it. Nothing needs to be edited.

With all that said, I appreciate your understanding.

JeepFan

Hooked
Mounted up...
Hooked up...
Aired up...

The bracket worked out perfectly!

Attachments

• 20190427_104442.jpg
    20190427_104442.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20190427_120910.jpg
    20190427_120910.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20190427_125954.jpg
    20190427_125954.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 94

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I really like it being plumbed up front for hose access, not having to open the hood to access my compressor would be cool. The only thing I'd be worried about is getting debris in the fitting for the hose.

Any concerns?

JeepFan

Hooked
I really like it being plumbed up front for hose access, not having to open the hood to access my compressor would be cool. The only thing I'd be worried about is getting debris in the fitting for the hose.

Any concerns?

Good catch on the coupler being open and exposed to debris. Actually I ordered a cover to go over the coupler. I'll post up info when I know it fits properly. ARB actually makes a cover specifically for the coupler but good luck finding one. Lol

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Good catch on the coupler being open and exposed to debris. Actually I ordered a cover to go over the coupler. I'll post up info when I know it fits properly. ARB actually makes a cover specifically for the coupler but good luck finding one. Lol

Good to know. Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Mounted up...
Hooked up...
Aired up...

The bracket worked out perfectly!

WooHoo!! Awesome :thumb:

Glad to see everything installed without any issues and I love where you installed your remote chuck. The wiring shielding is a great idea too. Thanks for posting this up :yup:

Any concerns?

Hmmm, I've been running mine for a while now and haven't found it to be a problem or at least, not as of yet.

You'll have to let me know what you found for it :)

jdofmemi

Any concerns?

If anyone is concerned about debris in the fitting, you could get the male air fitting that fits in, same as the hose, and thread a cap on it then leave it plugged in.

When you are ready to use it, pull that plug and the fitting will be clean and ready.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
If anyone is concerned about debris in the fitting, you could get the male air fitting that fits in, same as the hose, and thread a cap on it then leave it plugged in.

When you are ready to use it, pull that plug and the fitting will be clean and ready.

That's a great option

Nukeman

Wiring

IF I am only using the ARB as a compressor, what does the wiring hookup look like? I take it I don't need to hook to two AUX switches? You never explained the AUX 2 connection usage.

Thanks

Nukeman

wirng

Three tips: 1)The main wire harness actually doubles back on itself to the battery, the thin black wire, Eddie looks to have crimped together with the main black and white wire. I put them on separate crimp connectors.

2) Make sure the mount is a good 2cm or so away from the frame (Eddie gave me that tip) as rough driving will flex the frame and body slightly.

3) Also if you are relatively slender or have long arms you can leave the fender and wheel on which I did. You just need to remove the inner fender liner.

All in all if I didn’t have my kids interrupting me during the wiring portion it takes a total of 1.5 hrs for an amateur to install, if you have all tools parts needed. You will need a crimper or vise grips (to crimp the electrical connectors) at least and electrical tape and Teflon tape. The crimper I bought was garbage and mangled a few connectors which made me to go Home Depot to get more and I just used vise grips to crimp.

Can you show a diagram on how you wired please?

Nukeman

Relay and wiring

Since I am only using this as a compressor, where does the relay mount and what wires are used to connect to the AUX?

Thanks

weslee3

If I thought I could get a dual in this spot, I would have tried harder to make it happen. Getting the single to work was hard enough.

Could you elaborate on single vs twin in this space? Did you take measurements or what stood out as likely deal breakers? Maybe the twin is just that much larger or maybe it wouldn't leave any room to fasten the mount?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Could you elaborate on single vs twin in this space? Did you take measurements or what stood out as likely deal breakers? Maybe the twin is just that much larger or maybe it wouldn't leave any room to fasten the mount?

Umm, the twin is a much bigger compressor and there's no way you could mount it up the way I have the single mounted to the firewall. Not say there isn't a way to make it work in this space but it would require a different mounting system.

I have seen the twin mounted in a similar fashion with a custom bracket but I’d be cautious of how close the twin gets to the CAT on that side. The single likely stays far enough away from it that it isn’t an issue but the twin has a much larger footprint.

smmiliotti

Well I finally installed my ACM mount and compressor! It works great! Thanks for this mount I really didn’t want it inside the Jeep. I guess I was also too excited to take a picture of it wired. [emoji51]

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Well I finally installed my ACM mount and compressor! It works great! Thanks for this mount I really didn’t want it inside the Jeep. I guess I was also too excited to take a picture of it wired. [emoji51]

Looks good. I think this is my next mod. Did you wire it to the ARB switch or did you use the OEM Aux switches?

Top Bottom