wschilawski's JKU Build

wschilawski

Spent some time at my buddy's shop again this week - found where my clicking was coming from - front drive shaft joint at the transfer case gave out:

axle.jpg

Right now I'm running the spare shaft until that one goes out; then I'll be looking to upgrade.

Critter79

Really awesome build on your jeep. Very cool to follow along to all the upgrades and additions. Sounds like you got some really great wheeling/fixing friends!

wschilawski

Really awesome build on your jeep. Very cool to follow along to all the upgrades and additions. Sounds like you got some really great wheeling/fixing friends!

Thank Critter - you always get some good ideas from folks on here. And yes, it IS nice to have friends that have a nice heated shop with lifts and a paint booth :clap2::clap2::clap2:

wschilawski

And a paint booth!! I need a friend with one of those! Great build! 1350 shafts your next upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Convenient, eh? Shafts are definitely on the list. I've been eyeballing the Ultimate Dana 44 axle too; it's one of those "play with what you've got" kind of scenarios until a decision (and funding) can be made. There was no new axle or drive shafts under the tree this year, weird!

WJCO

Meme King
I've been eyeballing the Ultimate Dana 44 axle too...

There's really nothing 'ultimate' about that axle. If/When you are in the market for a new front axle, you may want to do a cost and spec comparison between the that axle and the ProRock44. I bet you find that for what you actually get for your money, the ProRock is a much more beneficial option. After seeing the specs and price of the UD44 axle compared to the PR44, I was more than happy to pay a little bit more for the PR44.

wschilawski

Nothing new really happening to Double Deuce - front drive shaft is holding up and I can't get a break from the weather to wash the salt off.

I've had the intermittent loss in pressure on the clutch/clutch grabbing really early so a new master slave cylinder was ordered - hoping to find time to do soon after it arrives. Will be checking the clutch as well as I'm around 115,000 miles on the original (I believe).

wschilawski

New switch pod came today - Amazon special with loads of great reviews. Will be nice to have a voltmeter to monitor the battery after the alternator and battery replacement earlier this year.

Jeep is still at the shop waiting for lift space for he clutch replacement.

IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg

BaddestCross

New switch pod came today - Amazon special with loads of great reviews. Will be nice to have a voltmeter to monitor the battery after the alternator and battery replacement earlier this year.

Jeep is still at the shop waiting for lift space for he clutch replacement.

View attachment 294522

View attachment 294523

It's a good setup. I've been running it for awhile now. Easy install and does what it's supposed to do. Surprisingly well built for the price.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

BaddestCross

I've heard a lot of good things about it - was surprised to see that they had metal housings.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. Only thing I would say is, if you plan on getting custom switch covers, make sure you line up the new covers in the right spot and you'll need to press them in hard to seat properly. It took me a couple tries to get a good feel for it. Felt like I was about to break the new covers when trying to get them in properly.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

wschilawski

Put the soft top on last weekend and then we got a good 6” of snow - think spring!

Also installed the Amazon switch pod - pretty easy install except for removing the cage to run wires. I like the overall look and design; it’s sad that all I have are my mall crawlin lights though.

IMG_8257.jpg

IMG_8258.jpg

Also, the new clutch is FANTASTIC! I'm about 200 miles into the break-in and I absolutely love it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom