wschilawski's JKU Build

wschilawski

Spent the weekend working on the D30 truss (just peace of mind). Pulled the axle Friday night, then took my time Saturday and Sunday welding it up. Monday morning I threw it back in and tightened everything up.

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

wschilawski

Finally, yes FINALLY fixed the backup camera. Instead of wiring directly to the reverse lights I brought the power/ground up to the cigarette lighter. Put in a new cheap Amazon camera in which will be returned; screen is only showing a few colors (I checked with old camera and it worked fine). So, back to the Amazon warehouse it goes and the old one goes back in.

A few of us are planning a run this weekend at the usual trails near Lakewood and Elton, WI. It has been raining all Summer here in the midwest; haven't seen the sun for more than 3 days at a time since Spring. Will definitely be pretty sloppy!

Also ordered new plates - BGBLUJK - just playing the waiting game with the good old WISDOT!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hit some trails in Lakewood on Saturday. Nice to flex out the 3.5 MC springs and test out the 37" Mastercrafts.

Looks like a fun trip and a good sized group. The rain has been crazy this year. I haven't had the chance to make it up there yet this year which is kind of sad since I haven't even had an opportunity to potentially use my winch yet. Anyway, nice pictures!

wschilawski

Looks like a fun trip and a good sized group. The rain has been crazy this year. I haven't had the chance to make it up there yet this year which is kind of sad since I haven't even had an opportunity to potentially use my winch yet. Anyway, nice pictures!

I'll have to let you know next time we head up there - there were a few wet spots but fairly dry for the most part. Most spots you could drive around where we were.

Went to get the alignment checked and found out my Synergy ball joints were shot; time for another upgrade. May look into replacing the factory tie rod/ends as well.

wschilawski

Well it only took me a month and a half to finally install the ball joints and tie rod. Definitely hard to find time with a 5 month old!

wschilawski

Threw on some new DV8 sliders - not sure how I feel about the two mounting points but we'll see how the handle. If anything, they'll protect me from all the curbs at the mall! :yup:

IMG_5474.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wschilawski

Took the drive our to Carver Minnesota for their 4th Annual Jeep Show for Epilepsy - some pretty nice rigs out there along with product I hadn't seen before. Had a nice talk with the folks from IRO and a few local clubs.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

IMG_5719.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom