wschilawski's JKU Build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What a crazy past few weeks it has been! First of all, I'd like to introduce a future WAYALIFE member, Dylan Grey! He took his first Jeep ride last week when after being discharged from the hospital. The nurse said that I had the coolest discharge vehicle she's ever seen! :clap2:

I'm loving the front handles so much that I ordered a set for the rear. The first set came in with a textured paint - I returned those and they replaced with the correct finish.

Congratulations! :thumb:

CONGRATS on your newborn! I love the fact that your child was just born and you went straight back to modding the jeep with your grab handles :rock:

How do you like your Bartact covers so far? That is one of my favorite mods on my jeep.

wschilawski

Congratulations! :thumb:

Thanks Eddie! Just need to get him a WAYALIFE onesie now...

CONGRATS on your newborn! I love the fact that your child was just born and you went straight back to modding the jeep with your grab handles :rock:

How do you like your Bartact covers so far? That is one of my favorite mods on my jeep.

Thank you! I waited a week :thankyou: my wife says "back to business as usual!"

I LOVE those covers, not sure why I didn't do them earlier.

Congrats on the newborn. Very nice build you have going

Thank you sir - slow build but progress is progress!

wschilawski

Congrats to you and the family!
Edit: On the baby, not the mini fender liners... or those too, I guess. LOL

Congrats on both - I'll take it!

Install took a few minutes - they look a lot smaller when installed with the big wheel arches. Chances are I'll take my old liners and trim them a little bit but I'll see how I like them.

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wschilawski

Some more parts should be coming next week - ordered PowerStop brakes (pads/rotors) and MetalCloak 3.5" springs to replace the RK 2.5's in there now. I know, they're not EVO Plush Rides, but a few guys here run them and really like them (with the right shock combination). I'll see how I like the ride and change 'em out if I'm not impressed!

We're planning another ride up to Norway, MI this weekend now that it has had time to dry out. Hoping to get through more trails than last time..

wschilawski

Spent this weekend swapping out the RK springs to MetalCloak and upgrading to Power Stop brakes - big things are coming folks...

The goodies
IMG_3184.jpg

RK 2.5"
IMG_3189.jpg

Getting the rear taken apart
IMG_3192.jpg

The new Power Stops
IMG_3194.jpg

After the 3.5" MC springs installed
IMG_3195.jpg

Currently sitting at the shop having some goodies mounted and balanced!

Last edited:

wschilawski

Installed the Teraflex adjustable tire mount this evening to replace the stock mount. We have a trail ride in the upcoming weeks so I'll see how it handles. The EVO truss showed up yesterday so I have to plan a day to get that one as well.

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Definitely going to need to trim that pitch seam. Other than that it looks fantastic, congratulations on a job well done!!

wschilawski

80s in Wisconsin means doors off!

IMG_3317.jpg

My wife also asked me to pick out a nice shirt for a quick family photo yesterday - I couldn't resist! Because it's a WAYALIFE!

IMG_3314.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom