wschilawski's JKU Build

wschilawski

Nice! Just saw this for the first time. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together :thumb:

Thanks Eddie! I should be installing it this weekend.

I also purchased a new head unit (Pioneer MVH-AV290BT) along with an Amazon back up camera. Everything should be here by this evening so I'll have all the wiring harnesses ready for Saturday.

wschilawski

So I went to install the double din tonight only to find that the brackets have a plastic shroud that sticks WAY to far out from the face plate. I ordered a new bracket set from Amazon that should be here on Saturday. Went with the Scosche CR1291B rather than the one Crutchfield recommended. We'll see how that one works out. I plan on installing the DIY sPOD along with the additional LED light on the bumper.

Here's some photos of the gap I was seeing:

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

UPDATE - got everything working (other than the mounts). I ordered the wrong harness so I stopped at the local Best Buy and got the right one. Tomorrow should finish everything up!

Last edited:

wschilawski

It's never easy...wired the backup camera but it wouldn't show up when putting it in reverse. I spliced into the + and - of the reverse light and ran the signal wire as well but still nothing. Then I thought it was the camera. I wired directly to the battery and ran the video wire to a tv and it was working. Will keep looking for solutions...

IDIOT TIME: Didn't realize there was a "camera input" selection on the head unit...you should probably switch that to..."ON" - I'll be back in the garage tomorrow re-wiring....

Wired up the other light bar today too but didn't put in the DIY sPOD.

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wschilawski

Got the backup camera to work, but I'm getting some feedback on the screen when I start up. The camera also doesn't automatically turn on, I have to go through and hit the "Camera" button on the unit. I had tried running a wire from the harness (reverse camera wire) directly to the reverse light and then I tried directly to the adapter harness; doesn't go directly to the camera. Have some troubleshooting to do...

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

Last edited:

wschilawski

Had some snow fly yesterday - got a total of around 4-5". Also had to show off the light bars and pods.

It's funny how the tires always look bigger with snow in the treads...

IMG_1413.jpg

Last edited:

wschilawski

What happened that you needed a new one?

I kept splicing into the old one when putting that camera in. My multi-meter took a crap so I had to "guess" which wire would send the signal to the head unit to turn on :naw: Bought a new meter too so only one splice will be needed this time around... :eek:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I kept splicing into the old one when putting that camera in. My multi-meter took a crap so I had to "guess" which wire would send the signal to the head unit to turn on :naw: Bought a new meter too so only one splice will be needed this time around... :eek:

Oh come on! Everyone know that's ground is black, or is it green? Brown maybe? And power is red, or is it yellow?

:cheesy: yea better to get the wiring done right the first time instead of guessing so you only need one splice

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Small white/green or white/grey is the correct wire for your backup signal

Last edited:

wschilawski

Spent some time up in Norway, MI on their ORV trails on Saturday. We will definitely be going back when it dries up some more. There were a few other areas we couldn't make it through due to standing water (tried not to make too many ruts through the trails.) I will definitely going with a more aggressive tread pattern on my next set of tires. The G2's are ok as an everyday tire, but through the mud we get in the midwest, they don't clean out all that well.

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom