wschilawski's JKU Build

Put just over 600 miles on Double Deuce this past weekend. Not sure how these folks are driving to EJS with stocks seats; man did my back hurt halfway through our trip.

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4531.jpg

Threw one last coat of grey on the diff covers last night. Just need to do a few coats of clear; not sure if I'll do a glossy or matte clear. Looks like we'll be doing the 4.88's April 23rd so stay tuned for updates and photos for THAT project!

IMG_4539.jpg

IMG_4538.jpg

Also did the first coat of bed liner on the skid plate. I know, "why are you putting bed liner on a skid plate? :hmm: You're just going to get hung up..." but I wanted to match the bumper. :thumb:

IMG_4537.jpg

Just read the entire build! Looks great I had a grand Cherokee the same color, one of my favorites.
A few guys paint the inside of the spider tail blood red. Looks awesome that way. Just the tail impression to make it look like a black widow. Either way it looks good. Keep up the good work.
Steve

I really like your diff covers....looks great!

Thanks! Took more time than I wanted to on them but they turned out how I wanted them to.

Just read the entire build! Looks great I had a grand Cherokee the same color, one of my favorites.
A few guys paint the inside of the spider tail blood red. Looks awesome that way. Just the tail impression to make it look like a black widow. Either way it looks good. Keep up the good work.
Steve

Thanks man - by the time I read your post I had put a few coats of clear on. I'll run them as is and when they get beat up and need some paint, I may do something different. I mean...they're just diff covers... :crazyeyes:

Picked up new components for the hardtop hoist. A lot of local guys run this setup and they say it works great.

IMG_4550.jpg

IMG_4551.jpg

Just after the last of our snow melted, Mother Nature decided we didn't have enough. Another 6" - good thing I didn't put the snow blower away!

IMG_4554.jpg

New bumper and winch look awesome. I feel your pain with the snow I'm ready for this stuff to leave!

Thank you sir - mid-50's today! Yahoo!

So I went to install my Poison Spyder skid plate last night, not paying attention to anyone suggesting to put it on before the bumper is installed. I think this is why people have children, so they can tighten nuts and bolts in hard to reach areas. After lining everything up, that's when I realized I should have listened. So, tonight I'll be removing the bumper, doing a few deadlifts with it, attaching the skid plate, and then remounting the bumper. It's nice that we're getting more daylight, I'm going to need it!

Stumbled upon these sweet rocker switches - I like that labels are horizontal as they'll work nicely with my Rugged Ridge A-Pillar mounting location.

41n-l8AnpjL.jpg

4176eqiqnRL.jpg

41s5ES4CIZL.jpg

41h1fnW4MlL.jpg

Getting pretty excited for our run to Cliff's Insane Terrain in a few weeks - should be pretty messy!

Awesome build so far bud. I just bought a 08 2DR In the same color. I love it you don't see to many in my area that color. Worm weather needs to soon so i can start working on mine.

Awesome build so far bud. I just bought a 08 2DR In the same color. I love it you don't see to many in my area that color. Worm weather needs to soon so i can start working on mine.

Thanks trav! You know, I said that exact same thing about the color and then a few days later I saw 3 of them driving around!

I don't know about worm weather, because that means rain! Warm weather sounds a lot better :bleh:

These are great! That entire pod is mall rated but I hope to swap some light switches with air compressors and other fun things.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460077976.225541.jpg

The bad thing about researching and purchasing a cheap Amazon/eBay LED light bar, is not all the technical specs are provided. Ebay light bar was delivered last week, ended up being too long (no dimensions shown in listing - this was my fault). Ordered another one yesterday as the photo showed the correct 50" mounting measurements. Went back to the listing, and in the description, it showed different specs. After seeing that, ordered, hopefully my last, light bar. Looks like I will be visiting our mailroom a few times this week to return some of these lights! :eek:

In the meantime, I'll be driving around with some Rough Country mounts!

Here are the mounts - Rough Country must have done a revision to the brackets because the light will sit lower than older brackets.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460417187.254212.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460417207.754070.jpg

Top Bottom